GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , my Goldwing windshield is not coming down , where the problem could be ?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The "edsets" fix above depends on what year the wing is????
Honda has a replacement part that fixes it without any fabricating. The Wings that have had the problem are 06 & older I think? It is kinda a pia to get to the part to swap it out but not real bad. If your wing is a newer than 06 you may have a different problem & usually it is just a little stuck,,
I think if you just order the original part number now they automatically send the revised replacement. Check with a knowledgeable Honda parts supply dealer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda has a replacement part that fixes it without any fabricating. The Wings that have had the problem are 06 & older I think? It is kinda a pia to get to the part to swap it out but not real bad. If your wing is a newer than 06 you may have a different problem & usually it is just a little stuck,,
I think if you just order the original part number now they automatically send the revised replacement. Check with a knowledgeable Honda parts supply dealer. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much, can you tell me the link for Honda parts dealer !!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all , my Goldwing windshield is not coming down , where the problem could be ?
You may already know this or not, but to lower windshield (after releasing the locks on each side) you must grab windshield on each side and pull all the way up to release the locking mechanism. Then lower to lowest position then raise on click at a time to desired height. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may already know this or not, but to lower windshield (after releasing the locks on each side) you must grab windshield on each side and pull all the way up to release the locking mechanism. Then lower to lowest position then raise on click at a time to desired height. Hope this helps.
Yes i know that, the problem is that the wind shield is all raised but doesn't return back

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter • #5 1 d ago
doug of no fl said:

Do not know your location? But I would just call a Honda Goldwing dealer near you and ask the parts dept to look it up and see if it shows that the original has a replacement. A regular non OEM distributor may not have up to date info but you can try, wingstuff.com or Partzilla, and you may get someone that knows of this problem you will have to have model & vin# & year to look it up. I think if you just order it from a dealer you will get the correct one, BUT!! they may have old stock and not know any better. You can do a search on this board as there was a lot of info posted on this years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Discussion Starter • #5 1 d ago

Do not know your location? But I would just call a Honda Goldwing dealer near you and ask the parts dept to look it up and see if it shows that the original has a replacement. A regular non OEM distributor may not have up to date info but you can try, wingstuff.com or Partzilla, and you may get someone that knows of this problem you will have to have model & vin# & year to look it up. I think if you just order it from a dealer you will get the correct one, BUT!! they may have old stock and not know any better. You can do a search on this board as there was a lot of info posted on this years ago.
Thank you so much ?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes i know that, the problem is that the wind shield is all raised but doesn't return back
It's MORE than just getting the windshield in the "raised" position. You must lift it well beyond the "4th" position. In fact, you have to lift it (both sides left&right) up to the very maximum extreme it will go before it will allow itself to be lowered. This "extreme" position is well above the highest natural setting and is at the point of actually beginning to lift the bike in the front-end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts