GL1800Riders Forums banner

Windshields: Tulsa versus OEM.

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Jenkinsrawhide 
#1 ·
A guy recently gave me a tall Tulsa windshield off of a 2003 Wing. Will it fit my 2008 oem slots? I don't want to jerk the oem off and find out the hard way that they are not compatible, but I figure someone who has been into Wings for a while may already know the answer. Thanks.

#5 ·
Logan, a few years back, a friend gave me a Tulsa tall off his wrecked '05 Wing. I never thought anything about it. It went right on. However, the black strip at the bottom didn't look all that good so I cut a strip of the female sided velcro and stuck it on there. I think it actually looks better than the original strip.

Are we going to be seeing you next month at the get-together?

Ride safe,

Wayne

#6 ·
ICCM next month

Wayne, I doubt if I will be there this time as I start back to work that month and will definitely be at work on Fridays.
Since I also became a member of the RoughNecks Motor Cycle Club they usually try to keep me busy on the weekends, but just in case everything should fall in line I could always ride down to visit like last time and not stay at any motel. Don't go to the trouble of making me a certificate though because it looks doubtful that I will make it this time. Wish you all the best. Where will the gang be riding to this year?

#10 ·
Reply to TFDeputyDawg..

I e-mailed allamericanprod@sigecom.net and asked about the fit and "Allen"s reply was, quote: "Sir, that windshield will fit 2001-2012. However, you will need a Gasket Kit for the installation. Just give us a call to order it, the Kit is $10.00, plus $10.00 for the shipping and handling. Regards, Allen 800-824-6566."

I have not ordered it yet, but if its required as he says, I guess I will.

#11 ·
I e-mailed allamericanprod@sigecom.net and asked about the fit and "Allen"s reply was, quote: "Sir, that windshield will fit 2001-2012. However, you will need a Gasket Kit for the installation. Just give us a call to order it, the Kit is $10.00, plus $10.00 for the shipping and handling. Regards, Allen 800-824-6566."

I have not ordered it yet, but if its required as he says, I guess I will.

It is "Not Required", but it does make a nicer and easier installation.

#12 ·
You could use the soft side of velcro to put over the factory strips. I think it is just to tighten up the shield. Took my Tulsa off the other day. If it were not for the little rubber pieces down lower that make the shield really snug, I think it would be adjustable. This is not the freedom slide, but the Tulsa tall. I think there is no need to spend $10 for their gasket set especially when they want $10 more to ship it. I wouldn't spend it!! But I'm cheap. What I would do is to open her up and then decide if you think it needs their kit. But a little soft side of velcro over all the slider tape would do just as well IMHO.

#13 ·
Already ordered...

I went ahead and ordered it and instead of me taking a chance trying to do the installation, I am going to let my pro at the shop do it and also put some blue lights under my trike. Thanks for all your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.