GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will start a small brushfire, but:
Has anybody tried the Typhoon II tall windshield from Chrome World?
:?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Windshields

I have had the Typhoon on my bike for about a year now and LOVE IT! I've tried the WindBender, OEM shield, etc. but, prefer the Typhoon.
All I can say is: "Try it.....you'll like it" :lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thaks CopnJax,
I guess you and I are the only riders that ever heard of the Typhoon! :?

·
Registered
384 Posts
typhoon

Typhoon is a copy of our windshield, it is made with Lucite, a Much cheaper and sofer material than the High Quality Air Craft Quality DOT Approved Cell Cast Acrylic we us.
Copies are never as good as the originial regards of what may be claimed.
If anyone has any questions please call or email me.
Ride SAfe
Allen/Tulsa

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Typhoon II ® GL1800 Windshield
Crystal Clear Technology!!!! Made from cast acrylic. NO additional fittings or kits needed. Fits like a glove! As seen in Wing World. Protect your passenger and enjoy a quiet ride behind this 34" tall windshield. Comes with a free heavy duty vent ($50 Value). By far, our best selling, most sought after windshield.
Allen, this is a cut and paste from Chrome World.!!??? :?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Windshields

"Crystal Clear Technology!!!! Made from cast acrylic. NO additional fittings or kits needed. Fits like a glove! As seen in Wing World. Protect your passenger and enjoy a quiet ride behind this 34" tall windshield. Comes with a free heavy duty vent ($50 Value). By far, our best selling, most sought after windshield."

They use a continuous cast Lucite, which is about 25% the cost of the material we use, the Lucite does NOT have anywhere near the optical quality that the Polycast Cell Cast that we use, nearly every one that I have seen has had distortion in it, it is just a characteristic of the continuous cast material when it is thermoformed,. As far as "FIT LIKE A GLOVE and not additional fittings or kits needed", well that is just another "line", you can claim anything you want in an ad, just depends on your level of "integrity".
They don't have a clue as to the reason we developed the Gasket Kit we supply with our windshield, IT IS NOT because it doesn't fit, it's because Honda got "Cheap" and did not put any type of rubber gasket on the dash, so we designed our own and it greatly improves the stability of the windshield, now they'll probably try to copy that too.
It is a copy of the BEST selling windshield on the market and as far as "Heavy Duty Vent", it is the same POS that we've all had to deal with, it is a "COPY" of the Honda SE Vent and is not really good quality, and there is only a couple of plants offshore that make them, the ones we use is about as good as there is, and it still is one of the biggest problems we have, "Heavy Duty" another "line" of **. As far as the "Free" part, well with the "quality" of the windshield the price of the vent in "INCLUDED" in the price of the windshield, all the windshields from slipstreamer has one of these cheap vents whe they ship it to the dealer.
If they are so "good" then they should be spending the $$$ to design, develop and manufacture their own products, instead of selling "rip-off" copies of successful products. But, it's a heck of a lot cheaper to let someone else spend all the money in R & D and marketing, then copy it and "claim" it's the "BEST"!!!
Hope this answers your question, and maybe clears this up a little.
If anyone has any questions, email or call me.
Ride Safe
Allen/Tulsa

·
Registered
85 Posts
TULSA,

My windshield did not come with a "Gasket Kit" and I find that after just a few mile, I am pushing on the top of the windshield, while riding, to keep it from coming down to eye level and causing some major distortion. I have sent your company a letter about this in hope of a remedy. I could not find how to order this part on-line. I am glad to hear that you have made a fix for this condition, but it would have been nice if it had come with the windshield. I have sent you an e-mail.

Given enough power
even a brick can fly

A. Paul Pabon

·
Registered
384 Posts
Windshield

Paul,
Check your personal email.
Since the early part of 01 we have been shipping the Gasket Kit with every windshield we ship. We've had some problems with dealers not providing them to the customer.
The other problem, if you purchased it from a dealer, it may not be a Tulsa, if it has Tulsa Enterprises and a motorcycle silk screened, in black, across the bottom of the windshield it is ours, if it does not, it is a counterfeit copy.
Just give us a call, we'll help figure out what you have and if it's ours, get the Kit to you.
Ride Safe
Allen/Tulsa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts