GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Honda make a tinted windshield like the stock 04 clear for the 03 1800. Is the shield itseld any bigger that the 01-03 shields? I still seem to get alot of buffiting from the Tulsa with all the Baker wings. Any suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Joe,
Honda does not make a tinted windshield and the shape of it only increases the buffeting, regardless of the size.
The buffeting is being created by the Bakers, it is the shape that pulls the air back around you and the passenger, that is what is causing the billowing of your clothing.
I know there will be some that disagree, but, if you would like to give me a call, I would be glad to see what we can do to help you.
Regards
Allen/Tulsa
800-824-6566

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tulas

Alan,

This isn't the correct thread-can't locate the original post from you to me regarding Tulsa windshields and the adjustability of same.

At any rate, you told me that my windshield couldn't possibly be a Tulsa because Tulsa's simply don't adjust. Mine does adjust, and you suggested that the distributor lied to my dealer or that possibly my dealer sold me a fake Tulsa.

This past Saturday, I adjusted the shield to its' highest position and guess what? There's a TULSA LOGO right in the middle of the bottom of the shield.

This leads me to the conclusion the either a.) someone is ripping off your logo and selling counterfiet shields directly to dealers or 2.) Tulsa shields DO adjust on GL1800's.

What say you?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Harry,
If it has the Logo on it, then is should be ours, however, once it is in the raised postion, it can not be lowered to reset the ratchet that locks it into place. You can move it maybe an inch or inch and a half, but, it takes over 4 inches of travel to be able to reset the ratchet.
When it is in the top locked position, about 3/4 inch from the highest position, the wheels on the Logo will be right at the top of the rubber trim.
If you get it all the way to the top, it can not be lowered to reset the ratchet and this will allow it to flex a lot more. Also, if the Gasket Kit is properly installed it is very difficult to move it at all.
Allen

·
Registered
33 Posts
Windshield

Try the Cee Baileys windsheild I think you will like it. It comes in +1,2,3and +4 over the stock Honda height. It also comes in smoke or green tint plus clear. The windshield has a Lamina (sp) slot in the winshield to help reduce buffeting. Sorry no vents like the 2004. Give them a try www.ceebaileys.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts