GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the thickness of a stock GL windshield. I want to buy a stock 04 vent but want to install on a after market windshield. My bike is in storage or I would check mine.

·
Registered
384 Posts
windshield thickness

G-man
If you're referring to the 1800, it is .155-.160.
Depending on the aftermarket windshield, most will be in the .185+/- range, and will require a step to be cut in the front of the windshield for the vent to fit properly.
We do offer a windshield that accepts the 04 Vent. :lol:
Regards
Allen/Tulsa

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: windshield thickness

Tulsa said:
We do offer a windshield that accepts the 04 Vent. :lol:
Regards
Allen/Tulsa
And a mighty fine one it is. It was well worth the wait for you to get the new vent fit issue sorted out. My wife and I are very pleased with the tall 04 vented w/s installed on our 01. Thanks Allen.

KZ
IR01
Fenton, MO

·
Registered
58 Posts
Vent

If it's like the one my Tulsa has on it, the vent is a two piece unit. They fit together from either side of the w/s and then two screws hold them in place. Mine was a little loose and bug guts etc. were always getting in the cracks so I took some silicone and removed the vent, then siliconed around the face edge, then put them back together. It would probably be impossible now to remove the vent again but I can't imagine a reason I would want to. Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
384 Posts
windshield thickness

We now have the new 04 Vents available to go with the new 04 Vent Hole Windshield, this will give you a much better quality vent than we have been able to offer with the 1500 style vent, at the same price.
Allen/Tulsa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts