GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ultraguard cover is worn out. I have heard that there are better covers out there but have not found one.
Can I have some input on full bike covers and waht has worked and not.
I want to go one more..............I want a yellow cover like the ultra has a few colors but didn't find yellow.
Ray

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice one from Aerostich

Recently puchased a full cover from Aerostich Rider Wearhouse. I wanted a full cover that stores small. This one is made from ripstop nylon and stores in it's own built-in sack like a hiking jacket. The largest one they sell fits the wing. Only comes in black. Also costly, but it does everything I wanted.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
http://eztouring.com/products.htm

These are great cover. :thumbup:
They are. I and a couple of my friends have been using them for at least 15 years. Don't think the thing will ever wear out. But best of all, since I do a lot of LD traveling, it packs very light and is easy to put on/take off. Don't care what anyone says about anything else. This is hands down by far the best. If one is looking for cheap, this aint it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
We are on our second Nelson Rigg in 10 years. they are heavy duty and pack in a bag that comes with it. I don't think they come in yellow. the first cover lasted 8 years. very durable and got used a lot. bb http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=347

·
Registered
62 Posts
do any of the half covers stay dry on the inside? just bought a new ultragard and it gets just as wet on the inside as the out side

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
do any of the half covers stay dry on the inside? just bought a new ultragard and it gets just as wet on the inside as the out side
I bought my EZ cover in 1987 and until a couple years ago it was totally waterproof,I use a waterproofing spay on it now and then and its almost waterproof until the spray wears off,best cover there is IMHO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you're looking for a travel cover the Nelson Rigg UV2000 silver 1/2 cover is perfect. Rolls up very small and still covers the Wing from front to back. Reflects hot sun, sheds water and costs about $40. Since its a half cover you can put it on a hot bike with no worries. Get the XL.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm on my second EZ Cover -- as far as I know they only come in black but work pretty well and, the main reason I use them, store fairly compactly, relative speaking.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I like the Dowco Guardian. Currently have the Honda brand cover. Already have two rips in it from the antenna. Pisses me off.

Curious about the half covers. Reason I cover my bike is to keep the early morning dew of the windshield and seat. Do the half covers accomplish that?

·
Registered
740 Posts
For a travel cover, Tourking..
http://www.tourkingcovers.com/shop/custom.asp?recid=3

This thing is great.. covers the seat & electronic, rolls up to about the size of a 12oz beer can. Goes on fast & easy.

For a full cover Dowco Guardian
http://www.dowcopowersports.com/products/motorcycle_covers/detail/index.cfm

=Dave=
If you travel and want to cover up at night, this is without a doubt the best cover you can have. Packs up to nothing and keeps prying eyes off.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If you travel and want to cover up at night, this is without a doubt the best cover you can have. Packs up to nothing and keeps prying eyes off.
:agree:

And... it allows full access to the trunk and saddlebags! That's a big plus for me. :)

Bob

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you're looking for a travel cover the Nelson Rigg UV2000 silver 1/2 cover is perfect. Rolls up very small and still covers the Wing from front to back. Reflects hot sun, sheds water and costs about $40. Since its a half cover you can put it on a hot bike with no worries. Get the XL.

:agree::agree:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I'm on my second EZ Cover -- as far as I know they only come in black but work pretty well and, the main reason I use them, store fairly compactly, relative speaking.
If you check there site you'll see they come in many colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts