GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get a hotel reserved for this event in July, but got confused looking at their web site.

http://www.wing-ding.org/

I don't really wanna join GWRRA, because I don't see myself riding or socializing with groups much.

So, can one just show up at a wing ding to see the vendors & bikes etc?

Is the fee really 50 dollars per person to attend this thing?

Do you have to be a member of GWRRA?

Is there a code to all the events they ask you about attending on the registration page (everythings coded with no explanations)?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
You don't have to be a member of GWRRA to attend and to get into the vendor section is only $15 or $20. The $50 fee is for all the "other" events and drawings.

Tulsa in July! They have to be NUTS! My god it will be HOT!!!!! If I were you, I would wait till Wings Over The Smokies (WOTS). Same vendors, cooler weather and AWESOME riding in the mountains. http://www.gwrranc.org/

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes you can attend Wing Ding without being a member. The cost for non-members is $50 for all days. You will be able to get a day pass if you only want to attend one day but the cost probably will be rather high and you will probably miss out on some drawings etc.

If you pick a hotel NOT on the listing at GWRRA the cost will probably be less than what the others cost. GWRRA signs contracts for a certain amount. Last time Wing Ding was here the hotels ran more than they did normally.

Not sure what codes you are talking about. I'm looking at the registration form in Wing Ding and I don't see any codes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I was at the first Wing Ding in Tulsa and we stood in a black top parking lot for some event and we had to stand in the shadow of a car to keep our feet from burning up. It was hot. The $50 is for a full registration for the entire week. Day passes can be bought whatever day or days you want to attend. You don't have to be a member of GWRRA to attend. If you've never been to a Wing Ding, you will probably enjoy it. I've been to 10 or 11 and loved everyone. The crowds are the biggest the first day then they thin out dramatically after that. If you can take the heat, go for it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Codes:

Once you click the registration button, then down into the process, you select which events you want. Each event has a cost button and it's not clear what the events are i.e. the first few look like CPR classes????

I was going to paste them here, but the link isn't working now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, it will be hot in Tulsa in July! But jump on the bike and ride east for some great riding. Good rides begin about highway 69 and get better the farther east you travel. Take in a day trip to the Fayetteville area and ride any direction from there for some good rides.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck Yeah man! I'm freezin' my arse off anytime it gets below 99 after living here for 10 years.

I love that 110 degree air in my face. I'm gonna have a blast up there in Tulsa.

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
Just say you are a member. They do not check. And buy a day pass for $15.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Heck Yeah man! I'm freezin' my arse off anytime it gets below 99 after living here for 10 years.

I love that 110 degree air in my face. I'm gonna have a blast up there in Tulsa.
Yes you are! Hope to see you there. ;)

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
even the devil avoids tulsa in the summer

last year, during the pga, it was 106-108 for the entire week

and they have opressive humidity as well

I think your all trying to tell Noah how deep the water got, with the Heat :!: kena48 is just down the road from Tulsa.

It would worth going to one because it is that close, at least for a day to see what it is all about.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was born and raised here in Tulsa. If any of you-all come to town, give me a call.

·
Registered
21,094 Posts
went to a wingding when it was in Madison wi

when u walk in they have it set up to get your money, the pricing pretty much forced me to become a member, at that time i think it was about $30 to become a member and admission, with GWRRA membership u get Wingworld magazine for one year, i renewed the membership for one more year, GWRRA members are nice folks but around here they really don't do much other than get together to go on a 30 mile ride for ice cream a couple times per week, and they are always wanting to raise money for something
i wanted to get in on some of those parking lot practice things they are supposed to have so at one of the meetings i asked about it, they said they were not having any so i tried another chapter, yes they said had a date and location all set up at a school so i signed up, when i got there there was no one there, i contacted them again by email and they said they were sorry but the class had been cancelled , that was the last time i ever had anything to do with GWRRA
as far as wingding itself, i think its well worth checking out, in Madison they had a very big building wi air conditioning, most but not all vendors were inside, plenty to see thats for sure, if it was close by i would go again

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes it gets hot in Tulsa in July. It's summer time. I've been back here for 27 years since I retired from the Air Force and it hasn't killed me yet. On the other end I just got in from chopping 1.5" of freezing rain, sleet and snow from the driveway that fell from the sky on Monday and Tuesday. It's winter time and its something ya gotta live with. Today its 60 degrees out.

As for Wing Ding other than ERC courses and riding competitions everything will be inside an air conditioned building - one building.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
[:shrug: I think I will chose to go to cool Colorado and ride the mountains and spend my money on gas!!!! Goodluck,,Rick

CAN I GO TO PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:excited:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts