GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not much on the rally stuff... I had my fill of organizations, clubs and gatherings all the many years I rode Harley's. My question is if the Wing Ding is worth $22 to see the vendors for a day pass? I hate to pay to get an opportunity to buy something. I ride solo to 3 or 4 other riders max. I have been in the groups over the years with too many inexperienced riders. I do enjoy a good meal and sharing experiences so I am not totally unsociable ;)

Just wondering what would be worth my time if I decide to go since I have never been.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Not for me it isn't.

Is there something specifically you need to see before you can make a commitment to buy it? Have you looked at the list of vendors to see if any of them interest you? Since there will be two venues (Chilhowee Park and downtown), will one ticket get you into both places?

I would just as soon shop on the internet.

My $.02

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
I am not much on the rally stuff... I had my fill of organizations, clubs and gatherings all the many years I rode Harley's. My question is if the Wing Ding is worth $22 to see the vendors for a day pass? I hate to pay to get an opportunity to buy something. I ride solo to 3 or 4 other riders max. I have been in the groups over the years with too many inexperienced riders. I do enjoy a good meal and sharing experiences so I am not totally unsociable ;)

Just wondering what would be worth my time if I decide to go since I have never been.
My opinion, no it is not worth 22 bucks....Plus there are way better deals
on the internet than you will find at ding-a-ling.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wow, I'm normally in lock step with Richard on most things, but I have to say I'm going because I need a break and missed Americade this year. Look, rallies are not for everyone and much like the other poster I would rather ride alone most days and don't care for crowds . But the folks at the Ding are great folks and the events are fun, and I plan on competing in the Top Gun competition. The area is beautiful and the roads are some of the most scenic I've seen, so why not take a ride and drop the $22.00 bucks and come have a cup with us.

I hear the BBQ is not bad either.

Joe in VA

·
Registered
922 Posts
How many $22 have you spent in your life that you remember?
You will remember that $22 for some time to come.

Just a different way to look at the question.

·
Registered
879 Posts
When five of us travelled from Dallas to Tulsa we paid $40 or $45 dollars for the 3 days we where their and had a great time. Its like life, its what you make of it!;)

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I do feel that if you are looking at buying a new helmet - particularly one of the premium-priced ones, that it gives you a great chance to try it on for fit and feel, weight, etc. before buying. Hard to find that selection at a dealer. I enjoyed walking through the vendor area at the Greenville, SC meet, and watching the field competitions and Top Gun practice. Worth the money? That is up to everyone's personal decision.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've been to a few of them...always had a good time...always
buy something to remember the trip. I'm too busy this year.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Most of my riding is solo. I usually buy most of my stuff on the internet but
sometimes it I enjoy being able to see and touch things I have an interest
in buying. Sometimes meeting vendors face to face is also helpful.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Ride on over anyways and enjoy a few of the local roads, hang out at the hotel with some other motorcycle people and skip Wing Ding $22 day! Heck, Dollywood, Seaworld, or just about anything else isn't REALLY worth what they cost either but..........you have to spend that money somewhere or the government will get your number and want it! LOL

·
Registered
390 Posts
Go have a good time i have spent more getting in a gun show!! Venders know what things are going for on the internet and you will see some bargins but not a lot. Some fools think the internet is always the cheapest and thats not the case. I try to go every year one to two week ride to get there and ONE DAY at Wing Ding. Have fun enjoy the ride. Or you can sit at home on the computer and complan about ding-a-ling like a lot on the board

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
My feeling is I'm not going to pay to go look at things to buy, but that's me.
I quit going to gun shows when they started charging for entry.
Not the money, it's the principal, next thing will be Wal-Mart charging you to go in their store.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Not the money, it's the principal, next thing will be Wal-Mart charging you to go in their store.
Oh now you done it, Biker John. You know there is someone on here who knows someone who works at Walmart and this will be thrown out at the next regional meeting as a "brain storming" idea.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Oh now you done it, Biker John. You know there is someone on here who knows someone who works at Walmart and this will be thrown out at the next regional meeting as a "brain storming" idea.
SEE, Ya just can't win. :shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
82 Posts
They already do ! It's call SAMS CLUB.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts