GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm going to the trade show for sure... it's only about 100 miles for me. A couple of bud's from the riding club plan on going to the trade show. It's at least interesting. I'm certain the other events are fun as well, but just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
There's no way anyone else can say if it's worth it for you. Unless maybe they know you very, very well. What would you be looking for? What do you expect to get out of it? Lots of people will tell you what to do based on their own personal biases. Some will use it as an opportunity to blast the organization because of their own hate. Some will tell you how great it is. For the rest of us who want to help and be honest, it would help to know what you expect. :)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I went last year, and plan to go again this year. Last year, it was about 200 miles each way, but this year only about 150. It's kind like system overload. with every Goldwings vendor I ever heard of, and then some. Plus, a sea of Goldwings every directions I turn. Lots of good fellowship, conversations, and the mountainous roads in TN are as good as it gets. I joined GWRRA last summer, and my subscription is soon to expire. Nit sure if I will renew, but have already pre-registered for the WingDing. I view the WingDing as probably the best thing about being in the GWRRA.

I'd probably ride up to 500 miles to attend a WingDing, but maybe no further. Not sure where next year's WingDing will be, but if not over 500 miles away, I hope to be there.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm going this year, first time. Hoping to check things out at the trade show (some accessories, gear,...maybe a few ideas?) and to catch a couple of demo rides. Not sure what else....?

It's all happening in a great hotel resort and the rooms are very affordable ($149/night) for that type of establishment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
We are riding down (KY-G) to attend; prob'ly about 20 of us. As others have said, it's EVERYTHING Gold Wing! Plus, it's Nashville, so there is a lot to do outside of the Gaylord. And...…. lots of good riding in the area. Go for it!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I had heard Wing Ding was going from Labor Day week back to the original 4th of July week next year..........anyone heard if this is indeed true?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had heard Wing Ding was going from Labor Day week back to the original 4th of July week next year..........anyone heard if this is indeed true?
That's the pretty strong rumor that's blowing our way too. We will be there and be bringing a group of friends with us. I'm sure we will be headed to next year's Wing Ding as well and we're hoping it's at some place we've never been before! Even more FUN that way.:laugh:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have been to WD when they are close to us, which is not very often being on the west coast. Personally, I enjoy them very much. I have taken advantage of several classes, meet a lot of friends from all over the country and as already mentioned enjoyed being on GW overload for three days.:thumbup: But as Mr Anzik mentioned, some hate it some love it. Just like anything else. Being as close as you are, I'd go for sure.:lol:

·
Registered
644 Posts

Been to 25+ Wing Dings and enjoyed most of them. We have always ridden to each Wing Ding and that was one of our enjoyeable rides for each year. We enjoy seeing friends that we only see at WD and alway enjoy the ride to WD. For the past two years, we stop in for a couple of days and then ride on to the mountains or fun area(s) and just enjoy the bike and my co-rider.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went to one in Ft. Wayne and had a pretty good time. Too bad it was 105 degrees out. I will be going to Nashville this year.

·
Registered
644 Posts
When do they typically announce the location for the next one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Usually at the Opening Ceremonies. I'm guessing it will be West of the Big-Muddy for 2020, but I thought that for 2019 as well. Most all the locations are repeats with some being the 4th or 5th time. It would be nice to have a new location every once in a while. :rolleyes:

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Maybe there is some sort of pattern? :grin2:

My guess is either Fort Wayne or Madison......

1979 Wing Ding I Phoenix, AZ
1980 Wing Ding II Phoenix, AZ
1981 Wing Ding III Phoenix, AZ
1982 Wing Ding IV Steamboat Springs, CO
1983 Wing Ding V Steamboat Springs, CO
1984 Wing Ding VI Lake of the Ozarks, MO
1985 Wing Ding VII Knoxville, TN
1986 Wing Ding VIII Santa Clara, CA
1987 Wing Ding IX Knoxville, TN
1988 Wing Ding X Snowmass Village, CO
1989 Wing Ding XI Madison, WI
1990 Wing Ding XII Knoxville, TN
1991 Wing Ding XIII Tulsa, OK
1992 Wing Ding XIV Madison, WI
1993 Wing Ding XV Louisville, KY
1994 Wing Ding XVI Albuquerque, NM
1995 Wing Ding XVII Greenville, SC
1996 Wing Ding XVIII Madison, WI
1997 Wing Ding XIX Billings, MT
1998 Wing Ding XX Huntsville, AL
1999 Wing Ding XXI Springfield, MO
2000 Wing Ding XXII Billings, MT
2001 Wing Ding XXIII Greenville, SC
2002 Wing Ding XXIV Fort Wayne, IN
2003 Wing Ding XXV Madison, WI
2004 Wing Ding XXVI Grapevine, TX
2005 Wing Ding XXVII Ft. Wayne, IN
2006 Wing Ding XXIIX Nashville, TN
2007 Wing Ding XXIX Billings, MT
2008 Wing Ding XXX Greenville, SC
2009 Wing Ding XXXI Tulsa, OK
2010 Wing Ding XXXII Des Moines, IA
2011 Wing Ding XXXIII Knoxville, TN
2012 Wing Ding XXXIV Fort Wayne, IN
2013 Wing Ding XXXV Greenville, SC
2014 Wing Ding XXXVI Madison, WI
2015 Wing Ding XXXVII Huntsville, AL
2016 Wing Ding XXXIIX Billings, MT
2017 Wing Ding XXXIX Grapevine, TX
2018 Wing Ding XXXX Knoxville, TN
2019 Wing Ding XXXXI Nashville, TN

·
Registered
97 Posts
The trip will be 700 miles for me each way. The fun for me is in the ride there and back. Also, I am looking forward to seeing all of the customized goldwings. I will definitely be going to the trade show but that is secondary for me as far as my enjoyment of the trip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts