GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wing came with the 6 CD changer in the trunk and finally decided to remove it, I was amazed how much it weighs! 8.25lbs or 3.75kgs!

Only down side is the lid is part of the caddy but the extra space is great for air compressor and tools!

No i didnt weight the tools :p

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A friend of mine had one for sale a while back. I was interested until I lifted the thing off the table. Wow, no thanks I said. It is surprising how weighty it is.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what did you replace it with?
Mine has been working great from Jan of '01 when I installed it --- BUT some day it may fail the way so many others have and an MP3 Player option is on my mind.
Just using it for tools and air compressor, have ipod on aux cable up front with power socket to charge :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Using the IPod is a good idea. Using a MP3 player in the trunk is a great idea. I bought one a few years ago gone about $75.00 and installed it. My CD player controls run it. Why screw around with CDs? They have become the 8 track of years gone by. The MP3 player holds literally thousands of songs. A CD player holds maybe 60 if you are lucky. Modern technology is much better and it weighs 8 pounds less!!! :yes1:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
With all of the affordable MP3 played on the market, CD changers really are dinosaurs!

·
Registered
148 Posts
My Wing came with the 6 CD changer in the trunk and finally decided to remove it, I was amazed how much it weighs! 8.25lbs or 3.75kgs!

Only down side is the lid is part of the caddy but the extra space is great for air compressor and tools!

Go mp3; you'll never look back. Wonder what will replace mp3s in the future? Pandora, etc.? Already use Pandora, TuneIn Radio, and iHeart through my smart phone. A lot of musical choices these days.

:yes:

·
Banned
2,608 Posts

I'm wondering if the cover in the 2012 models will fit.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

I'm wondering if the cover in the 2012 models will fit.
How much could a new cover cost.. Oh wait, we are talking about Honda!
It would not be very hard to make one if a new one costs too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts