GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have the winglites (custom LED's for the trim?) I have them but have not installed them yet. Any board members have any experience installing these lights and its wiring? It looks easy but I know there will be challenges. Just wondering, and I know you folks have the wisdom of midas. Thanks in advance.

Joe (Buffalo Soldier Northern Virginia chapter)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Joe,

I don't have them yet. But I will soon. I think that they are a step ahead and the LED's come with a Lifetime guranty. How do you beat that?

Let me know how the install goes. It has to be pretty straight forward.

http://winglites.com/

Bulldog

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do

Bulldog

Greetings to you. I will post my challenges in reference to the install sometime next week. Take care and ride safe....

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have them and they work great. I did not use the wiring nuts that he included, I soldered all my connections. Wired them to blink with the turn signals really lights the rear end up. Not to hard to install if you are pretty mechanical have to drill a couple of holes, into and back out of the trunk for the wires. I covered all the wires with wiring loom rap. After the finish job can't hardly tell it from a stock bike even with the seat removed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I have yet to start the install process (too busy) But I will tackle this soon. I will use your idea Intruder and solder the wires for a perm install.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Got em, love em. Easy install.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the posts. I installed them this weekend and didn't have too much trouble. I took the advice of Intruser and sodiered all connections and used heat shrink wrap for all exposed wires. I didn't like drilling into saddle bag wall and connected to the brakes lights to save my bags. i will now go back and drop in an EC power bridge for the additional wires I have coming in. Thanks again

G

·
Wing lites are the best.
As soon as Ohio gets over this latest snow storm, Im going to attacch mine.
I was told by WL that I could attaceh them to the isolater of my trailer hitch.
This way I just run one wire bundle to one place and it will look a lot neater.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Winglites....

When I bought my August 2006 in Kentucky, I planned my route back home to ride through Minnesota to have Ted install mine. If you have any problems or questions give him a call or drop him an email. He will go out of his way to help you. This photo was taken at his place after the install.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Got 'em, love 'em, easy install and Ted is the best! I paralelled my trailer isolator harness output fro both the running lights and turn signals (purely because this was the easiest place to tap in to).

Look great, work great! Would recommend them to anybody and a great price too!

BAT

·
Registered
303 Posts
They look great on my bike, not that hard to install

1 - 11 of 11 Posts