GL1800Riders Forums banner

Wing Mechanic is Western Mass

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Captron 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a reputable Gold Wing Mechanic in Western Mass. I bought a used wing and want to get it checked out. There is a honda dealer in Northampton that I have been getting parts from but I don't know about their mechanics.

Thanks,
Gary

#5 ·
mechanic in Hamp area

I have purchased 2 wings for Valley begining in 1985. Service was great back then but in more recent years seems to have dropped way down in quality. They lost a service manager several years ago who really knew wings and was interested in keeping owners happy. Present one is not anywhere as wing friendly. Parts department has been super and offers discount to AMA members

#6 ·
Trike service in hn.ma.area

Doug and Glenn at AMERICAN TRIKE and MOTORSPORT in Keene NH. are awsome to work with and Glenn works on every Bike/Trike as if it were his own.

#11 ·
Very satisfied with cycle design, went in today to get my inspection done. Had a bolt that I couldn't get loose from a set of cruising pegs iu bought from someone on this board and they were able to get it loose without wrecking the head. Also have been communicating with Doug about some front end work. It's a ways to go but it'll be worth it for the peace of mind.

Speaking of inspections does anyone from Mass know if they put an inspection sticker on your bike, I looked all over but couldn't find it anywhere?

Thanks,
Gary

#12 ·
Speaking of inspections does anyone from Mass know if they put an inspection sticker on your bike, I looked all over but couldn't find it anywhere?

Sticker goes on the number plate on the upper cornor opposite the registration tag.

#14 ·
Took my bike up to American Trike yesterday to have the top bridge on the fork replaced, PO cross threaded the handlebar bolts. Anyway Glen did a fine job albeit a little lengthy I was there for about 3 hours, enough time to walk down town and have lunch. They have comfy couches there too. Between American Trikes and Cycle Design I believe I have found good businesses to deal with for maintenance.

Gary

#15 ·
I bought my first Goldwing from Doug at Cycle Design and he always took good care of me - even to the point of picking me up in a truck several times when I was stranded (tire blowouts on the GL1500). I haven't been to them lately since I do more of my own work and Doug moved from the Phillipston shop to NH.

#16 ·
Great Service

Well this spring I took both the Wing and KLR to Cycle design for new tires and other minor work. They were fantastic. Nice thing that they do is give you an assessment of the bike's condition to alert you to anything that might soon need attention. Even though they are an hour away, albeit a very nice ride, I have found a good dealer. Just down the road is an excellent seafood restaurant too. Order parts on line and you get a significant discount.

Gary

#17 ·
I also purchased my bike at Valley Motorcycle in Northhampden Mass.
I have had very good luck with them, and I'm taking my bike in this Tuesday May3rd to get the air filter replaced.......

Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.