GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I rode over the North Cascades Pass. I rode from sea level to over 5000 feet and back down the other side. I filled it to the top then rode 253.7 miles and filled it to the top again with 5.772 gallons. That works out to 43.95 miles to the gallon. The wing is a level 3 2010.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mileage

I have gone as low as 38 and as high as 45, but most of the time around 40 to 42 mpg.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Almost never check mine........but I did today on the way back from Americade. Two up, pulling a LOADED hannigan sierra trailer, some highway, several construction zone backups. 39.6MPG

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mileage

Yesterday I rode over the North Cascades Pass. I rode from sea level to over 5000 feet and back down the other side. I filled it to the top then rode 253.7 miles and filled it to the top again with 5.772 gallons. That works out to 43.95 miles to the gallon. The wing is a level 3 2010.
They always do better on gas at higher altitudes. I think it takes a little more gas going up hill and hardly any going down. :p:p

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Got a bit over 45 MPG on my last tank. Very happy with that. Maybe there really is something to be said about ethanol free gasoline after all.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Running a tank out without stopping also helps increase mileage. Acceleration is what eats into mileage. Also, a cold engine burns more fuel, so short trips use a lot of gas.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm normally at 38 mpg at interstate speeds. About the same for the city also at around 36-37 mpg.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I would average about 40 MPG in city and 42 in the mountains and a little more if on a straight freeway run. When I was in Colorado at elevations of 7000+ feet i was getting 50 MPG.

·
Registered
111 Posts
All depends on what oil you use :shock:
Hey,
It just dawned on me, I AM getting better millage out of this Amsoil!

I use pure gas just about every tank locally, it's 15mi to town and lots of shifting and about only 3-4mi of hwy.

I range 38-40 most times, had been useing Rotella SYN till 22k, swapped to Ams, now at 23k.

Am getting 1-3 mpg better now:bow:.

Surely this also has to be better on the engine too. FB

·
Registered
512 Posts
37 to 44 mpg here. :agree:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think I need my right wrist checked. I avg. 30, but that is town driving and still having fun getting to know the bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 2010 level 3 with under 1000 miles on it, We are at 4000 feet elevation. I have been averaging about 45 mpg.

·
Registered
293 Posts
As low as 40 at 65-75MPH and as high as 48 on 50 MPH roads........about 43 pulling my camper. Beats the heck out of my truck. :popcorn:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Fuel Mileage...

Very seldom does my mileage drop below 40. Without a trailer maybe 43-44, with a trailer about 38.

I usually get nervous when I Ride 260-270 miles on a tank full but when I fill up with only six gallons or so,...makes me wanna pack a can of fuel and see just how far I CAN go.:excited:
thecruiser

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I get the best milage coasting down hill. About 45. I get the worst milage going 90 into a headwind on the Turnpike. Gee, I wonder why.................

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I get the best milage coasting down hill. About 45. I get the worst milage going 90 into a headwind on the Turnpike. Gee, I wonder why.................
Well Jeff, let me tell ya,...:shrug:

I dono...:popcorn:
thecruiser:joke:

·
Registered
177 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts