GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday my Wing and I plus a few Sport bikes headed out to the monthly get together at Cassaday Ks...... From what I've been told it started out about 25 years ago. A dozen bikers stopped for biscuits and gravy at a very small town called Cassaday which is between Emporia and Wichita out in the Flint Hills. Ever since, bikers gather on the first Sunday of the month thru the summer... with sometimes upwards of five thousand bikes.....By the time we got there the place was emptying out...

They have all kinds of vendors including the Dyno Tune.... This time I decided to put the bike on the Dyno and see what it was good for....
The bike racked out 91 brake hp and topped out at 135mph... Couldnt get to the plug wire so no torque rating...The only change is the Torque Master and Loops exhaust system.....Had a pretty good chart up to 6 grand..The bike has 131,000 miles on it..... You can see where the Wing gets it's low end torque....

Here's a graph and a few pics.... Cheers..... :doorag:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stick, I was on that ride, as you know. Where's my pic?

OK...So what took you so long to get on board here..... Here's your picture...Cheers....:doorag:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I knew you were rich. No one who looks like that would be with for any other reason. :lol::joke:

Hope you've been well, Buddy. When you gonna let me show you around the foothills of the Smokies?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You had your daughter riding with you?

Or did they supply the models?

:wrong:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Always wondered about a wing on a Dyno...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was the HP of your bike with the stock exhaust?

In other words, how much improvement with the Torq Loopz?

Ted
Dunno the answer to that....Never had the bike on a dyno when it was stock....I don't think it made much of a difference.... What I liked was the engine at 130k performed just like a new one...Cheers...:doorag:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Dark Gray is faster then silver, however, my wife is (not) impressed with the lack of helmet hair! ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Torq Loops

Does anybody know the "Logic" of the "loop" in the Torq Loops modification?

It apperas to me the "loop" is also a flow restriction.. Has anybody tried just using a straight pipe to bypass the Catalyst ?

Thanks, Ted

S

·
0 Posts
Does anybody know the "Logic" of the "loop" in the Torq Loops modification?

It apperas to me the "loop" is also a flow restriction.. Has anybody tried just using a straight pipe to bypass the Catalyst ?

Thanks, Ted
In exhaust straight is not always better. It has to do with inertia and harmonics. Tuned pipes may have bends in them to change the harmonic peak where the inertia of the exhaust gas flow will actually pull a slight vacuum thereby increasing cylinder charge. This is the theory behind tuned headers and is of major importance on two cycle engines as a straight pipe there can rob as much as 70% of the power of the engine over a standard expansion system.

·
Registered
34 Posts
please explain

you said no torque numbers because you couldnt get to a plug. I dont understand since hp is not a mesurement it is a result of RPM and torque. please explain how you got HP numbers with out torque numbers. A dyno can measure RPM and torque and through simple math give a HP number but it cant mesure HP.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts