GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a dealership in NJ that rents Goldwings? I own a '02 Honda Aero 1100 that I love but I've had a thing for the Wing ever since I rode one at the Homecoming a few years ago. I've had the opportunity to ride a Wing a few times but the rides have always been short. I think I am ready to actively look for a lightly used late model Wing with ABS in my area but before I do, I'd like to rent one for a day and put a few hundred miles on it to make sure it is what I want. My local dealers in Central New Jersey don't rent Wings and are understandably reluctant to let me put a few hundred miles on a bike I am not positive I am going to buy.

This is my first post on the forum but I've been lurking for over a year. It has been a great source of information for a pending Wing owner. I hope to become a regular contributor when I find a Wing.

Thanks,
Hector Bravo

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
With the insurance & lawyers, don't think it is going to happen in this happy state of mine(d). We can all tell you, it is a nice smooth fairly torqued, fun, all day rider. If you just want to run around town, get something else. My 2 cents. Lots of luck on your final choice! And does stink not to be able to rent one!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Not sure about the 100 miles part but....Berger's Honda near Flemington will toss you the keys to their demo ride and ask you to return it by the end of the day

To be honest, I am not sure why you need to put 100 miles on a vehicle to decide if you like it or not.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GL03 - I'm not surprised there are not a lot of rental options. I've found several Honda dealers that will not allow test rides. Still, I was hoping.

NJREF - I do a mix of riding. I have almost 47K on my '02 Aero. Much of my riding is local but I also do trips and have done a straight run from Oak Ridge, TN to Hamilton NJ when coming back from the Hoot two years ago.

While my Aero meets my needs, I have not been able to shake the Wing. I'm hoping a full day of riding local roads, highways and twisties will solidify my decision, as I don't anticipate keeping both bikes and I don't want to make a costly mistake.

Thanks,
Hector

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
HBravo: I understand...I had a Kaw Vulcan that I really liked...however a quick ride on a buddies Wing convinced me it was the bike for me! Bought it and never looked back! It is great for the long haull and buzzing around town.

Again...try Berger's in Flemington, speak with Mo the owner. This is a VERY laid back dealership...I know they do test rides and will let you take one out for a while.

Also, while I could have gotten a slightly better price for my new 05 Wing at a different dealer, you do get what you pay for. They have an EXCELLENT Wing tech there....the service is top notch.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
NJREF said:
Not sure about the 100 miles part but....Berger's Honda near Flemington will toss you the keys to their demo ride and ask you to return it by the end of the day

To be honest, I am not sure why you need to put 100 miles on a vehicle to decide if you like it or not.
They did that for me too.. It didn't take that long, I took the bike back to PA to show the wife and the 200km or so was all it took!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Freeold Honda will let you take a decent test ride too. I was out for 45 minutes or more, but they ended up with a sale.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the leads. I've been to Freehold. I'll have to check out Berger's.

Hector

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately the NY location no longer rents motorcycles.
Thanks for the lead, though.

Hector

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, CT will work too. I'm from Fairfield and I am often up there visiting family.

Thanks,
Hector

·
Registered
49 Posts
eaglerider.com has GL 1800's

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Steve. Cherrie pointed me in their direction, too.

Hector

1 - 15 of 15 Posts