GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and brother-in-law will be coming to Phoenix for a couple of weeks in April and he wants to rent a Gold Wing for a week. So far the best deal he has found is 745.00 from Arizona Funtime Rentals on Scottsdale Road in Tempe for a weekly rental. Anyone here ever rent a Wing in Phoenix and if so, how does this rate sound to you? Any experience with this company?

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
... $745.00 ... for a weekly rental....how does this rate sound to you?
not bad ....
I've had my 07 less than two months and doing the math that comes out to about $3,142.85 per week.
:wink:

Dennis

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Rob compared to what I've seen Harleys go for on a daily rate that sounds good. You might want to PM Jan Kokochak and see where he rented his wing when he came out to Phoenix and the particulars

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
oleguy is right. I did rent a bike from blue sky rental in Phoenix. http://www.blueskymotorcyclerentals.com/arizona_phoenix.htm
It was $135 per day....exactly 24 hours. The bike was nice enough, an 05. But as you might expect, it was factory....no options.

I had a little problem with the owner. I made four phone calls to him to be sure that my pick up time was understood, because oleguy, tony from az, shuckaduck and a few other had arranged a ride early Saturday morning. On all four call, I said to the guy, "you understand that I am going to pick it up Friday night at 5:30." Yah Yah Yah....he said.....no problem.....got it here on the board......I'm a one man operation.....got ya covered.....don't worry about it........the bike will be ready.......I'm a good christian man.......I'll take care of you........Don't think another thing about it..........Seee ya Friday afternoon......... :D :D :D Guess what.....I get there.......he's closed. :( I call the number and get the answering machine that they are closed til Monday. I left a message and about 10 minutes later the guy calls me and says....."Good thing I checked my messages.........but I'm an hour away in a lamaze class with my wife.....you should have told me.....blah blah blah. So.....the guy comes at 8 p.m.....we get the bike......and the following day with the guys was about as memorable and wonderful as you can get. :D :D :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wayne, I agree with you. Based on what I have read on this board and what I was quoted to rent an Ultra Classic a few years ago (150.00/day) I thought 745 per week was pretty a pretty good rate.

Jan, I think I'll steer the away from those folks based on your experience. I am in the customer service business myself and if I make a customer a commitment like he did I make sure I keep it.

Cherrie, thanks for the tip, I will check them out.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Seems like Jan's rental included helmets... ?

watch the added taxes onto the rental fee

I've been looking into a motor home rental in Utah in august 2007.. I remember the taxes were like 16% by the time it was all added up.

:!:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts