GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been having some great New Wingland riding weather after the rain on Thanksging Day. SUNNY and COOL 50-65 degrees.
It seems like every bike you see is a GL1800.
You see the occasional Harley rider with his face covered by a scarf, ski hat, and some cool sunglasses. You know he is freezing his a$$ off.
I even saw a sport bike or two, but at least they had the sense to wear helmets. I think I sensed some jealousy as one of them passed.
Yep... had the seat warmer on, had the grips turned up, and had the toe warmers open as well as the vents. I was warm and cozy...ahhhhh!
A couple of notes on late Fall riding up north.
1. The sun is low in the sky, glare can be a problem.
2. Strobe effect caused by tree shadows across the pavement with the glare from the side can be distracting.
:)

·
15 year Member
6,932 Posts
fall

I agree!! The weather has been very nice for this time of year, at this rate PMS won't set in for some time to come! 61 degrees is forcast for Monday when typically we are into some snow. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope Al Gore was right and WARM up New England for a few more weeks anyway!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :sun1: :biker:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Bro,

Up early again I see...

You gotta watch those shadows. If you have any tendency towards "Flicker Vertigo" you will find out very soon...

PS: Any easier going back in this time??? :D

Lance

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I just returned to GA from a trip to Ipswich MA to see my family. I've been in GA 15 yrs and forget how cold it is up there. 40 degrees and damp goes right to the bone. I had on my thermals for 3 entire days. Quite toasty on the wing though with Gerbings on. From GA to MA along hwy 81,84, Mass Pike I saw one bike on the way up and a few on the way back due to warm-sunny weather, all sightings were below the Mason Dixon line. One thing for sure, GA drivers are the worst in the east, they all think they're Dale Earnhart (maybe we'll be burying them soon too). You get tailgated in GA doing 80 mph while in MA everybody follows the 55-65 speed limit. Whenever I go to MA to visit I almost tear out my hair following behind drivers observing the absurd small town 35mph speed limits away from town, putt putt.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looks like today (Monday) will be the last of the good riding days for a while. (61 and sunny)

According to my sources it going to turn cloudy, if not rainy for the next week. When the sun comes out again we'll be seeing temps. around 40 degrees for highs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Suppose to be nice here in Va for most of the week so I guess I'll have to ride my bike.
Oh well,somebody has to do it :D .

Dave

ps
the bad part is I have to go to work :cry:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Saw a couple on matching scooters the other day.

The later in the season it gets the higher percentage of bikes on the road are wings.

That's why I bought one, to be the low percenter! Not to be confused with 1%. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts