GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lucked out and found a 03 ABS Wing , candy red , with just 2,000 miles on it in Fullerton CA and I am flying down to ride it back home next Thursday.. the original owner is perfectionist and the bike is in showroom condition .. I had planned on going to Ohio to buy a new one from HAL but this bike fell into my lap .. (not really sure that I needed the Nav and air bag ..)

this is my first Wing .. I currently have a 00 Valk Interstate , 00 Excelsior-Henderson and a 96 HD Nostaligia with a Libertysidecar(for my Boxer dog) .. I have diverse 2 wheel tastes which started in 1961 on a 57 Lambretta in Murdertown (Youngstown,) Ohio

I lurked on this site and devoured all the info I could find .. and that tooks months .. some great info and some confusing .. it sure helped my decesion making about stepping up to a Wing .. funny thing I was on a list for a new 07 Screaming Eagle CVO Ultra Classic .. and got the call it was in and after hanging here I turned the bike down .. $37,000 out the door .. I guess with age comes some degree of "Wingsdom"

So look for a candy red Wing ridden by a guy with a HD jacket , huge smile heading north on I-5 Oct 5th ..... :excited:

·
Registered
547 Posts
It sounds like you're rounding out the stable so you'll have something to ride regardless of the mood you're in. You've got a nice ride in front of you, too. Riding from Fullerton to Eldorado Hills will give you a chance to get to know the touring capabilities of the bike.
Just two weeks ago I rode from the Seattle area to San Diego on the 5, and had the time of my life. I hope you enjoy your ride as much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts