GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or have had the passenger WingLeader Transforming Floorboards ???

The wife wants to be able to change up her footing and she seems to think this will do the trick. We have this problem, the more weight she looses the more she slides up into the back of my backrest. :roll: :wink:
Last week on our weekly 300-400 miler I had to brake extremely hard for a deer, she came as far forward as anyone can physically, she hurt herself somewhat and now wants to try to not repeat that incident. Some input would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have read, on posts on this board, that the guys who have them like them. The majority are using transformers from Kury.
I have read no negative reports on the wingleader product. I am like you. I have been considering them and I am going to give them a try. I will include a set in my order during the next 'Sale'.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Can you give an address on that? I am trying to find it, so I can add it my favorites. Thanks

I did go to HDL and find some of the products they have. I should of checked there first before posting this.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8)

Hal sells 'em when he can get 'em, they're on backorder and have been. :cry: J&P Cycles has 'em in-stock and those are the only 2 places I could find 'em.
I want nothin' to do with the fancy, smancy chrome foot rests, I want a basic adjustable for the wife to enjoy the ride better, she isn't tall or short (5'6) but she has lost so much weight that she's slidin' around back there in the recliner and she can only stablize herself well with her feet. :wink: If this doesn't fix the issue it'll be a velcro strip on her jeans or ridin' pants and the other half on the $%^&* seat. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Gotta fix this or Momma won't be happy and y'all know the rest of the story there................. :wink:

:flg: [/url]

·
Registered
68 Posts
My wife is in love with the Kury boards. she has a 26" inseam bionic hip and knee she rides comfortablr and safe :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have the Kurys for the wife. Between those and the Rivco risers she does'nt have a problem with her 26" inseam either. Don't come in basic black but I assume you still have your trusty can of truck bed paint. I think On Add-On parts has some that the factory boards are used and the highway bars (flipups)just bolt on.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I have the Wingleader pegs and Rivco risers and they work well. The S/O(5'2") likes them as well or better than the Kury's. These are cheaper and fold out of the way. I never did like the weight and complexity of the Kury boards. It seemed as if they were always loosening. The Kury's have a stirrup effect if the passengers feet are on the floorboard and the pegs are up. In a emergency their foot could slide forward and be caught. The Wingleaders bracket is on the inside and would be safer.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
8)

bnordt,
Thanks much for sharin'. :wink: I was lookin' for the clincher and safety does it for me everytime. 8)

:flg:

S

·
0 Posts
I have the Kurys and the wife likes them but I have one question for the guys that added the Rivco risers. With that combination are the risers strong enough for the wife to stand on the boards to get on the bike?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
So far the strengh has not been a problem. I don't think they would be any more stressed that with just boards. The Wingleader part is only for an additional foot rest not for climbing on. The S/O is 5'2" and 13?(I'm afraid to go any further :wink: )

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
******* Dave- I can't take credit for the safety issue.It was posted a while back when I was deciding which setup to buy, but like you it made sense to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts