GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good or bad comments from anyone who has added Winglites to their trunk and saddlebag moldings. Where they hard to install and did they look as good as you expected. Thanks for all replies

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have two buds that have them, and would have gone that way had I been
aware of them at the time I purchased the Kury's.

Perfect color match, they look sweet!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Love mine!

And if you screw up and wire them wrong and then post a pic on the web, Ted will call you on it. Or so I have been told. :roll:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've installed several sets of Ted Harpers wing lites...and have run on three of my 1800s, very nice lites...have a set should be in this week for a customer...can't go wrong with Teds' lites...also cost less than the kury's with recent price increases...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Got 'em, Love 'em!! Ted is a first class guy with a first class product! I was able to meet Ted F2F at Wing Ding. I made arrangements with him to bring a set with him and we did the swap in the parking lot. He even helped me with the install and wiring (which really was a piece of cake).

The great part about Ted's product is the ability to customize however you want them. I opted for what I consider to be the stock configuration with turn signals (trunk and saddle bag corner 3 sets).

1. Choose you trim color
2. Choose your Lens color(s)
3. Choose your LED color(s)
4. Choose turn signal or no turn signal.

Possibilities are near endless (a freind of mine has yellow on the sides and red in the back) and I don't believe he charges you more if you want yours to be a certain way! Try and get that kind of service from any of the usual manufacturers.

I would recommend Ted to anybody and will definitely use his product on all of my future bikes.

Barry

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have know Ted since he started selling his trim lites. We spoke many times on the phone. My problem was and still is 'I can't decide what I want'. Thanks for posting this thread. Ted if you read this please call me. My number is on my webste www.bikersblock.com

·
Registered
751 Posts
Winglites

I was trying to figure out which brand of lights I wanted to put on my white '06 bike that I picked up in Kentucky. I made calls to the different makers of the lights and by far Ted was the friendliest and willing to answer any questions that I had, so I made up my mind that I would change my route home by 800 miles and added an extra day to buy my Winglites for my bike. After getting to Ted's home to have him install the Winglites, I first had the chance to inspected his product. The quality is top notch and his attention to detail is amazing. While watching him install the lights I have no doubt that I will not have any problems with them.
He set me up with a different color pattern on my lights and so far everyday that I've taken the bike out I get a lot of compliments on the lights.
I can be very picky and Ted came through with flying colors and would highly recommend his product.
Mike
From Washington State

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did mine myself from scratch. Love them.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
beauluziana said:
Can someone post a website for this product or a distributor for Winglites?? They do look great and I am interested...
http://www.winglites.com/

Ted is the exclusive distributor. You can order from him on line or by calling him directly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
wing-lites

I purchased and installed mine on a Illusion blue bike last December and i love the lights. The bike is more visible and no problems. They are awsome and his service is good also.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
That is a flag mounted to a cooler rack that I borrowed from Alabama IronButt for a PGR ride. I need to update my photo file!

·
Registered
40 Posts
winglites

I can't say enough about ted and his winglites. he is a true gentleman and knows what us wingers like. I would recommend him to anyone thinking about lites. I think all the above testimonies say it all
Larry

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
That is the first thing I put on my 05 silver.

Ted is a great guy and easy to work with.

I always get positive comments from those that see them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have had these lights on my 03 for a couple of years and I get alot of compliments. They really show up at night and look good using the same trim color. Ted is great to deal with, excellent product.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I made my own and love them also.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts