GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just searched back 15 pages to see whats new with the end of July 07 get together with Dave T. Am I going blind, or has the ride been cancelled? We're looking forward to this trip. Please advise.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Here is the last that I received.

Rockies-Gold 2007 -- A Colorado Adventure!

I've had a lot of folks contact me over the past couple of months about us doing some Colorado riding in 2007. I just wanted to let you know that I am working this and I should have the dates firmed up (just waiting for a little more info from the Chamber of Commerce to ensure that we are not in conflict with some large event) by the end of September and will then get the information out to everyone.

I can tell you that it will be Wednesday-Sunday in late July (hopefully) and in Montrose, Colorado, allowing for some fantastic riding that would include:
Million Dollar Highway/San Juan Loop
Unaweep/Tabeguache Scenic Byway
Colorado National Monument
Grand Mesa
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
North Rim of the Black Canyon (part of the West Elk Scenice Byway)
and more. Lots of good restaurants, good weather, and a great place to hang out and ride for a few days.

Keep this time-frame in mind if you are already starting to think about trips for next year, and again, we should have dates firmed up by the end of September. It should be a great time with great folks!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Bulldog, I think you meant by the end of this October, not next September. That'd be a bit late notice, unless you want the roads to yourself, then it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. We are really looking forward to this. We do love the mountains, but would really like to meet some of the nice folks on this forum.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The Colorado Rockies Ride is definitely a go. I've been on the road (car) for several weeks but have blocked rooms and will be getting info out in November-December for folks to sign-up and reserve rooms. So, keep it on your calendar for sure.

I've locked in the dates for Rockies-Gold 2007, so mark your calendar.
Hanging and Riding...and Riding...and Riding!
More info will follow over the next few months.
NOTE: This will primarily be Wing folks from this board!!!!

Montrose, Colorado

25-29 July 2007

·
Registered
95 Posts
"This will primarily be Wing folks from this board!!!"

Oh, that’s cold :snow1: Dave! I thought surely FJR’s would be welcome :capwin: .

shokdimn :biker:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
RW,

Meesh and I plan on being there.

I screwed myself this year and let work get in the way. I can't do that next year. We did not go anywhere!

Work is over rated!

Riding is more funner!

Bulldog

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well its starting to sound like a group of us from the east will be having our paths cross.

Dave, I found a nice little restaurant in Montrose when I was out there last month called Cafe110. The best steak I ever had. Sorry I cheated this year by going out, but your pictures were all I could stand without riding it myself. I did find some other roads that you can add to the list also.

I better start breaking the news to the wife about next years annual rallies.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
The dates have been blocked on my calendar for some time now. Just waiting for the motel info and I'll get that done also.

I'll be there.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
You guys are in for a wonderful, life changing kind of fun. I have never seen or ridden any other parts of the country that was this nice. I will be there come hell and high water.

Hey Dave, Clean that tub for me please, oh and dont forget to make sure those lights are still working. Inside joke.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm going to be there! Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I will most definatley be there....Lord Willing...... :) I've wanted to go out west for a very long time. And Dave's pictures just seal the deal. I've got to see that country in my lifetime. At least once.......... :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just waiting for the motel/hotel stuff to get posted. I have it blocked out on my calender. It should be a great few days.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm also guilty of getting a jump on the crowd. :oops:

My brother and I made some of that trip this past summer.

There is one stop that I missed, so I'm ready to head back.

I would also be interested in meeting up with some other wingers headed out.

Most of you, from the Northeast, have to come across I-80 and I'm right off the highway.

I'll me watching this site for more info and planning on the trip.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YTMac... I'm probably already starting to sound a little childish about this ride. Last year I did a solo to the top of Pikes Peak, and peeked thru the cracks in the floor of the Royal Gorge Bridge. All this beauty, and no one to share it with. Wife is healthy enough to start riding again, so meby everyone can understand my excitement about this Guided tour. I may be shaking the bushes from time to time when I start thinking about Colorado. :yes1:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts