GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever gone around and checked out how many, or how few in my case, Wings you see with car tires on at a cycle event? I always do this and never yet have I found another Wing with a car tire on, or any other bike either.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yep! Unless its raining!! :lol:

I have also caught myself noticing the ones that pass me on the interstates while I am driving the cage during work.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Yes sir, that I do!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yeah me too. Very few CT wings. I used to be intimidated at the thought of Going to Sturgis on my wing. Now that I've gone 2x and seen alot of Wings there, I enjoy it alot more. But I've never seen anyone there with cookies ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
I see em all the time.
Wait, thats my bike I keep walking past..... :eek:4:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yeah, but what's fun is the guys that notice and come up to you and start quizzing you if you've crashed and burned yet!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The kids and some teenagers think the darksider decal is cool, too! Some of the others think I wear black finger nail polish!! :wrong:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The kids and some teenagers think the darksider decal is cool, too! Some of the others think I wear black finger nail polish!! :wrong:
yea..it's amazing the number of people at work come and ask.....What does Darksider mean?....even the motorcycle guys :roll:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
yeah me too. Very few CT wings. I used to be intimidated at the thought of Going to Sturgis on my wing. Now that I've gone 2x and seen alot of Wings there, I enjoy it alot more. But I've never seen anyone there with cookies ;)

My wife and I will be there next week and if ya like, I'll bring the cookies!! :joke:

Back to the topic. I also look when out and about and only a couple of times have I seen another with that is a darksider.

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
My wife and I will be there next week and if ya like, I'll bring the cookies!! :joke:

Back to the topic. I also look when out and about and only a couple of times have I seen another with that is a darksider.
Being that I could careless about staying on topic. yes you can defiantly bring cookies ,but they ain't no Darkside cookies;)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I've even been at a gas station where there were two 1800s equipped with CTs and they didn't even know about this forum and/or the Darkside.:shrug:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
I've even been at a gas station where there were two 1800s equipped with CTs and they didn't even know about this forum and/or the Darkside.:shrug:
Experienced this myself a couple of times more so on VTX's

·
Registered
664 Posts
Being that I could careless about staying on topic. yes you can defiantly bring cookies ,but they ain't no Darkside cookies;)

Went shopping this afternoon, bought cookies and to paraphrase an old TV western show:

"Have cookies, we'll travel!!" :joke:

We see ya there, you'll get a cookie or two! ;)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yes, last year at Rockies Gold I counted all the bikes around the "Burning Stones" ring with CTs and those without. If memory serves me correctly, there were 35 out of 80 bikes with CTs. I did not count trikes either....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My last trip to Colorado with two other wings, all had CTs.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yes, I do look. I actually was at an SCRC event in Bedford a few weeks past and the Wing I parked next to had a CT on the back...they even had a darksider sticker.

Can't remember the personalized plate but it was something like "WING-IT".

I particularly like parking where GWRRA members are present and watching them huddle around and whisper while point at my back tire. :lol:

Has anyone ever gone around and checked out how many, or how few in my case, Wings you see with car tires on at a cycle event? I always do this and never yet have I found another Wing with a car tire on, or any other bike either.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I was at a bike gathering this weekend in Houston. I walked around the nearly 4oo bikes looking and talking to riders. I tried to visit with all the wing riders that I could find(probably12-15) I saw NO other CT's and did not find another winger that new of this board or about car tires. In fact, the wing owners were the hardest to talk to. NONE of those guys wanted to carry on ANY kind of conversation about anything. Nearly ALL of the "other" riders were great!! But that is a whole other thread!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I was at a bike gathering this weekend in Houston. I walked around the nearly 4oo bikes looking and talking to riders. I tried to visit with all the wing riders that I could find(probably12-15) I saw NO other CT's and did not find another winger that new of this board or about car tires. In fact, the wing owners were the hardest to talk to. NONE of those guys wanted to carry on ANY kind of conversation about anything. Nearly ALL of the "other" riders were great!! But that is a whole other thread!!

Hmmm, were you wearing them Carharts again with the camo thong? How about them fancy yellow britches? Them city folk may not be quite ready for the new countryfied ATTGATT duds.....:joke:

Bet you go to any of the GWRRA rides and you'll find almost 2 of every 3 wheels will be car tires....if you catch my drift.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts