GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are planning your rally schedule don't forget about Wings Over the Smokies, 24-26 September, Fletcher NC. Great mountain riding, lots of vendors, Rider Education classes and seminars. Go to: www.gwrranc.org to get a registration form.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ric
Don't know that we have met but I do know we have never had an exchange of emails about the Distrist Director. Yes, I knew John and I know the folks be rode with. Not sure what that has to do with an informational post for those that are interested in attending. Glad you enjoyed the fellowship, riding and vendors at the last two WOTS. That sounds like a pretty good rally to me. If you really need a map to find a DQ I'll take that under consideration. Enjoy your ride and I'll enjoy mine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ric
Apology accepted and appreciated. Clearly the initial impression you made with me was incorrect. I am interested in the cause of your frustration because my initial impression is out of character for the DD that I know. Send a pm if you want to discuss, I'll understand if you chose not to.
John

·
Registered
321 Posts
When you are planning your rally schedule don't forget about Wings Over the Smokies, 24-26 September, Fletcher NC. Great mountain riding, lots of vendors, Rider Education classes and seminars. Go to: www.gwrranc.org to get a registration form.
John, If I make it this year, to WOS, will be my 22nd year going to WOS. I see friends, from different part of the country. Might only see them once a year, at the rally.

Ric, I didn't meet you at the NC lunch, last month, at Clinton. I should meet you at the chili cook off. I should have a hat on, with a gold trike on front of hat. I am riding a deep blue trike now.
I was at Trenton last Sunday and today too, watching the drill team. They are doing good.

Dennis, guess i will see you again, at the chili cook off. Hope the weather is nice for the drill team, to perform. They are getting better, ever time they practice. JoeA

·
Registered
330 Posts
We always enjoy that rally. The roads in the area are awesome. Usually combine it with hals barbeque and a trip to the race shops in mooresville. Expect to be there again this year.

Good riding

·
Registered
321 Posts
Joe
We did meet at the Clinton luncheon.
Ric, If I meet more than 2 or 3 people at a time. I may not remember their name. I will know the face next time I see them. I will say to my self, I know that face, but I don't know their name. After a few times I will remember. Guess that come with age. LOL JoeA

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Dennis the more you talk the more I get turned off on your agenda

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thomas,

Just in case John doesn't see your followup on his February posting, you can find a rally flyer and pre-registration form on our District website at http://gwrranc.org/. Notice that we will, again this year, give away a brand new 2009 Gold Wing with color matched Escapade trailer as our grand prize, and every fully registered attendee receives a chance to win. Also, we never sell additional tickets on the grand prize, so everyone has an equal opportunity to carry this beautiful Candy Black Cherry rig home with them.

My contact information is on the website and if I can assist you in any way please don't hesitate to contact me.

Dennis Hull
GWRRA-NC District Director

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
All I can add Same ***** different day, -go and enjoy the area -avoid the rally , but see hal for the BBQ at his place.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I went last year (1st overnight MC event for me) to go to Hal's BBQ. The trip to Dillard and breakfast was nice. I was amazed at Dusty's Long Range Recon Bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks Hokie, you are a gentleman, a scholar and a real asset to those of us who work our butts off to present a rally which bikers who enjoy rallies can enjoy:frown:. I cannot honestly say that I will regret that you will not be attending. By the way, I hope that you enjoy Hal's BBQ since our rally is what brings all the folks in so that he will have a captive audience.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wos

Thanks Hokie, you are a gentleman, a scholar and a real asset to those of us who work our butts off to present a rally which bikers who enjoy rallies can enjoy:frown:. I cannot honestly say that I will regret that you will not be attending. By the way, I hope that you enjoy Hal's BBQ since our rally is what brings all the folks in so that he will have a captive audience.
:agree:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well Ric there are no hills here and west (around Mattamuskeet) is a zone of desolation of ditches filled with water and scrubby trees. Toward the outer banks is nice, but it is tourist season there. Some of the towns here have some sights to see that are history related. Let me know if you ride this way and we'll get together.

BTW Ric what do you do? I know it is medical related.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
We committed. Sure hope the rain goes away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts