GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do something on the seat issue. I have been reading the Russell Comments and others.

So heres the question.?

I have looked at Wingsofts web site and looks ok, pricing seems fine. But when does it pay to go to the mod for the bigger deeper seat which gives you an extra 2 inches.

I have a 32 inch inseam and weight about 180n and run mbl riders.

Other than an extra few inches what are the pros/cons of going to that mod. There are days I am in agony with the stock seat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
WingSoft Large

Jim,

I had the WingSoft Large mod to my seat. I wanted to straighten out my knees more and sit back a little bit without cutting into the space for my wife on the pax seat. I really like my WingSoft Large mod. The seat is firmer but has a good "bounce" to it. By that I mean you don't feel the seat pan when you go over a bump. I also like the fact that the wrap around portion on the back of the seat is shortened. In southeast Texas the heat build-up back there is unbearable during the summer. I notice when I ride now that I get good airflow around the back of the seat and my butt.

John ownes a Wing and understands the seats well. His workmanship is excellent and he will deal squarley with you.

PM me if you have more specific questions.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Seat

I am with DDKing on this one. It did not do the job for me either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wingsoft

I've got a couple thousand now on my complete large mod w/ utopia back rest, 6'2", 200, 34 inseam.
It's WONDERFUL. My knees are out of my chest, thighs and butt are completely re-positioned. The long haul is now possible. My co is still breaking her section in but likes the re-position as well. Works for us!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input guys. Looks like I will go with the large one. Question, I have a Utopia backrest installed on the stock seat. When I send the seat down and have the large concersion, will it come back with the Utopia plate repositioned

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
JimRo said:
Thanks for all the input guys. Looks like I will go with the large one. Question, I have a Utopia backrest installed on the stock seat. When I send the seat down and have the large concersion, will it come back with the Utopia plate repositioned
Talk to John, but I think the answer is yes.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Jim.

Yes we can reposition the Utopia. On the GL1800 Order form, mark off this option and I will modify the internal bar and reinstall it for you.

John

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just received my seat from Wingsoft a few days ago. Found I still had to use the beads, but I expect that will pass as the seat breaks in. I also had the backrest put on at the same time. Although it feel crooked against my back, it's a great combination and bound only to get better with time.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,777 Posts
PhoenixRising01 said:
Just received my seat from Wingsoft a few days ago. Found I still had to use the beads, but I expect that will pass as the seat breaks in. I also had the backrest put on at the same time. Although it feel crooked against my back, it's a great combination and bound only to get better with time.
When I had my seat done by Wingsoft, I wasn't all that happy with it at first. I kept reading that it would have to break in. After 2500 miles, I remember thinking anytime now this seat should be broke in. I was still wondering when it was going to break in at 4000 miles and was thinking I didn't get my moneys worth with this seat mod. I even started to use the wood beads for a while and that helped some, using them for a 1/2 of tank of fuel and then letting her sit on the beads for the other half of tank of fuel.

When I hit the 5000 mile mark for the Wingsoft seat, I was on a week long tour and one day it crossed my mind that I hadn't thought about my butt at all for the last few days of 8 to 10 hours in the saddle and I wasn't using the beads or even thinking about using the beads. It occurred to me that the Wingsoft finally was broke in and even the humps in the Wingsoft have settled in and smoothed down some. For the remaining 1200 mile ride home, and a few trips since, I have rode in comfort with the Wingsoft seat.

The Wingsoft seat and my ****-O-Pegs allows me to stay in the saddle all day long in comfort. I can ride 600 mile days and the next morning it's like I didn't ride the day before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts