GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the WingSoft conversion to the GL1800 Large Seat. Do they replace all the leather or vinyl with new fabric?

Thanks for any info

Lee

·
Registered
171 Posts
IT is a seat modification , they use your vinyl., seat pan and cut and replace and shape some of your foam. This is a link to their site it is explained there http://www.bikesolutionsllc.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the reasons I posed the question about the WingSoft conversion is, I need the vinyl on my seat replaced as it is ripping in places. I have E-MAILED Bikesolutions about that question. No response from them so far.

Lee

·
Registered
958 Posts
I just talked to Kristin and she has answered all the mail, so I dont know what happened. Give me a call at 512-394-9601

We do have new seats that we can sell, as well as make new vinyl covers.

John

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
I have the WingSoft Large complete mod and my only regret is that I waited so long to get it. Very fast turnaround and excellent quality work.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
WingSoft comments-probably the best cost effective price per dollar for seat improvements that I know of

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great peaple. And they always return emails and phone calls. So i would try again and or use the supplied number above to get your question answered. I have the wingsoft large and am very happy with there product and have met them both. Great peaple to do business with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a reply from Kristin. I had the E-MAIL address wrong. Thanks for all the help.
Lee

·
Registered
814 Posts
When converting to the large, how much of the passenger seat is taken up? My wife loves the room she has now - I do have a Utopia backrest as well. Does it get moved back?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I think the figures are the rider gets moved back 2" but John redoes the passenger backrest so it move back to a more straight up position. this moves back so the passenger has about the same room but does not slide down at every stop. I have the large and ride 2 up most of the time now and have over 70,000 miles on my Wingsoft. I would not have anything else. John is at Wing Ding if you get there try out the seat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the large modification done and I being a long legged 6'2", love it. But my wife did lose some room. She complained that she could not set her large drink container between her and the utopia any more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts