GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have one and would you be willing to let me know what you like and what doesnt make you happy about the seat.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Don't have one.
don't like the way the modification is made by "sewing" through the seat cover.
I like a color matched velour cover in the seating areas!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats nice but Im looking for input from riders who actually OWN a Wingsoft seat. Read the original post.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had a wingsoft, I did not like it either. Many people sing praises about the wingsoft and their customer service was excellent. I just could not get comfortable. I thought it was very hard. Everyone told me to ride a while and give it a chance to break in. I rode it for 10,000 miles and it still felt like I was sitting on concrete. I found that it was too high in the middle and I felt like I was perched on top rather than sitting in the seat.My hips would start aching after an hour and I could not get comfortable. I bought another stock seat and put it back on. I was able to sell the wingsoft for minimal lose and chaulk it up to experience. I have talked with many who have and really like the wingsoft. It is kind of like oil, insurance or trike kits, no single answer fits all. Hope this helps..By the way, my wife and I are big people so that may have something to do with it. I think you will find many good comments on the wingsoft.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wingsoft

I live in West Virginia and have a 05 Goldwing with CSC kit.The seat was killing me and my wife.I began searching and asking a lot of questions.Seats are very expensive as you probably are finding out.I found wingsoft while searching the net.It was really choking me to come up with $1500.00 for a new seat.After much search and debate I went with wingsoft.Nobody here in WV had ever heard of wingsoft.So I went with the reviews on the wingsoft web site.Packed it up and had a full rebuild,front and back and also the passenger back rest for $435.00.Can simply say best money I have spent on my trike.I sent the seat and got it back in about 8 to 10 days.I am very satisfied.There is a breakin period on the seat so be patient.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I bought a Wingsoft Large at the Honda Hoot last year. I like the extra 2" of room it gave me and I also like the seat. The stock seat was very uncomfortable after 50 miles. I am pretty heavy so that was part of the problem. The Wingsoft is much more comfortable. Could it be better? I don't know since all I have to compare it with is the stock seat. My butt gets tired after about 150 freeway miles but since I stop for gas at 200 miles then I can stretch my legs. I think I could ride all day in the twisties probably because I move around a lot more verses riding on the freeway. A lot of people like Wingsoft and a lot of people don't. I do know their customer service is great. Would I buy another? Probably would.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. This is exactly what I was looking for in terms of info and user input.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Gary I think Im going to go with a Wingsoft. After talking with John at Wingsoft and everyones input with similar issues to mine it sounds like the direction I want to go. Russel looks nice and I know its the Cadillac of seats but theres just to many variables to dialing it in and getting it just right. It would help alot if I could get to a vendor to try these in the spring but unfortunately noone comes up in this neck of the woods and with the business I cant take time off until midsummer. And for me summer is too late to start. Last summer on those 500+ mile days even with a Wal mart pad was the deciding factor for a new seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wingsoft a must have!!!

New CSC Trike in August 2008 ... put the new seat on for the very first ride. I did the XL with the Utopia and all the bells/whistles (basically if they offered it, I got it)

5,000 miles later still loving it. I would recommend it highly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A friend and I went to Austin and got the wingsoft mod done to our seats. We then took a little ride (1063miles in a day for our first Iron Butt :eek:4:) and had no problems. I think for the money, it is a good mod :yes1:.

Trey

·
Registered
792 Posts
I needed more leg room (L knee in a brace) and went with the Wingsoft large w/ backrest. The modification was perfect for me. Since making the switch, I find I can no longer get comfortable on a stock seat. I ride solo so didn't have the passenger section done and can offer no comments on that area. I also use an Alaska Leather sheepskin year-round which helps with moisture wicking or warmth as called for with the season. BTW, in case some may wonder, the sheepskin doesn't diminish the heated seat function and the #3 temp setting is almost too warm in 20 degree weather.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Had mine done just before doing a 10K run around the perimeter of the US. Between the seat and traxxion it was a comfortable ride. Buy again...yepper!! And the wife likes how the passenger seat turned out too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts