GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have any experience with Wingsoft seats? I tried one on a brief trail and felt as if I were always sliding towards the front of the bike. But now...upon further review...I'm thinking that perhaps I did not give the seat enough time.

I am 5'9" inches...with a 29" inseam.

Any thoughts you might have will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have had one for 30K miles or so. I like it with no complaints. I don't slip forward and for me it is very comfortable. Many will agree and many need to go another way. Talk to John at Wingsoft and he can build the seat so you do not slip forward.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
You may want to take a look at these if a cushion is not out of the question. I purchased these for the wife and i and they work great. If you wear the wicking undershorts you can feel the air under you while you ride.
http://www.airventusa.com/

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Wingsoft

I have the Wingsoft large and have had it for about 2K miles. I also put bead seats on top and it has raised me quite a bit. I too have noticed a tendency to slide forward and I am going to try a small air cushion under my legs to help alleviate that. Barring that I am going to go back to John and ask him to trim a small amount at the back of the seat to help me "lean" back a little. I am lucky in that I live in Austin.
John is a great guy and will do what it takes to make it right for you. I want to get a lot more miles on mine before I do anything drastic though.
My next purchase will be Mic O Pegs to help the leg stretch out. I have highway pegs now and they are okay but they make me sit on my butt at a bad angle.

Contact John and he can probably send you a demo seat to try out for a few days/miles.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the wingsoft installed at the hoot last year and also feel like its pushing me forward. But only have put about 2k on it and thought I would give it some more break-in time.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Have had one now for two years around 11,000 miles and found it took around 300 miles for me to get real comfortable.:doorag::doorag::doorag:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Put one on my '05 and have about 3000 miles with one on my '08 as well. No problems with either. I recommend the Wingsoft and Utopia backrest as well.
I've got bad back/hip and almost went with a Russel Daylong. I had a Russell on my FJR and was very happy with it.
The Reason I didn't go with the Russel was I wasn't sure about the little notch that is cutout where the backrest goes:

And the Wingsoft/Utopia looks better:

I figured I'd spend $400 on the Wingsoft and Utopia and if I didn't like it I'd go with the Ultimate with backrest (Looks good but not sure about function).
I also asked John about seat density/firmness, if they were all the same and he said the firmness can/does vary according to where a particular piece was cut (from the main sheet of foam).
I told him I'd like to have the firmest piece he had. I noticed immediately riding home that I could see over the windscreen with the screen all the way down when before the top of the windscreen was in my line of sight.
After 3000 miles I'm still looking over the top of the screen so the foam has not sunk any but has got more comfortable (less hard and less feeling like I'm sitting on a bubble).
I hope this makes since and may be of help to others.
I am not able to sit on ANY stock seat for more than 10 minutes.
Give the Wingsoft a try, if it doesn't work get a Russell.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts