GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated and motel info now in post #21 of this thread.

Wow, it's that time again. :eek:4:

Sat down with Max (traxxion's owner) today and finalized plans for this year's Wingstock. It's a gathering of 1800 owners from this forum in Woodstock, Ga., where I live and the location of Traxxion Dynamics. Traxxion, for the new guys, makes an suspension upgrade for the 1800 that noticibly changes the way the bike rides and handles.

Because Wings Over The Smokies in Fletcher, N.C. is Sept 22-24 and because Max will be on his honeymoon the last week of September, this years's event will be the weekend of Sept. 17th, 2011. That way it would be easy to do both.

As in the past, Friday there will probably be some informal rides in the mountains, then, on Saturday some of our local Ga. Boys will lead rides through the mountains of N. Ga., Tn. and N.C..

Saturday night at 6pm Traxxion will host an AYCE barbeque. No cost but donations would be appreciated. There will also be a live band playing music.

Late in the afternoon and into the evening there will be a couple of seminars and/or riding demos.

One will be a professional stunt rider.
One will be Max on the demo bike instructing and demonstratiing to passengers what to do when their operator has to panic stop.
I will once again demo things like: How to pick the Wing up, should it fall, how to get it on the centerstand and maybe another interesting thing or two.

I will post a list of local motels very soon along with the name and info on this year's "host motel".

There will be a Friday night dinner for everyone at Ryan's steakhouse near the host hotel and a Sunday morning hitting-the-road breakfast at Ryan's as everyone heads home.

Here's a big incentive to put this on your calendar, if you've been thinking about a Traxxion upgrade. From the 12th through the 23rd of September, Traxxion will give you a 10% discount on their product. :22yikes: The Full Monty is normally 2,699 + tax and the Full Monty with their upgraded billet triple clamps is normally 3,399 + tax. A 10% discount would pay for a few nights in the motel or your gas to get here and back. :yes1:

Please call early and schedule your appointment though. They can only do 2 a day and slots fill up fast with this discount. Call 770-592-3923 and mention "Wingstock".

We've had as many as 120 bikes one year from all over the U.S. come play in our backyard. We hope you can make this, the year you join us. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
You guys finally hit on a week when I am on vacation.:bow:

I will see you that Friday morning.;)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Thank you Paul, I'm looking forward to it. Now if the Dr's let me go I'm there!

Bash.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well craps! We had a great time last year but will be working this year, hope everyone has a good time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Maybe a celebrity will show up this year.
Check out Traxxion's Facebook :lol:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Darn - will be out of town saturday afternoon so cant make it. However, if there are rides on friday and the Bbque at night, I can play hooky that day.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I would like to ck this out but its the same weekend as delmarva bike week and we already have plans to go there,thats always a hoot there in ocmd,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Come on guys stop making up all of those stories...

Just tell the truth...

“Gee guys, the economy is so bad I can’t make it this year”...

Or the real reason, “my wife was looking over my shoulder after last years gathering and saw some of the stuff we did and said I can’t attend this year”...

Just tell the truth, it won’t hurt...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Come on guys stop making up all of those stories...

Just tell the truth...

“Gee guys, the economy is so bad I can’t make it this year”...

Or the real reason, “my wife was looking over my shoulder after last years gathering and saw some of the stuff we did and said I can’t attend this year”...

Just tell the truth, it won’t hurt...
And all this coming from the Master Story Teller! :lol:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Judy and I will try to make it again this year. We both will probably skip out of work a few hours early for the short trip down. Maybe take a few different roads on the way this time if we can. Interested in another Slow Joe ride again. Judy enjoys that pace more.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
To anyone uninformed about this event, it is well worth attending. Trialsman is probably the best there is at picking up a laid over wing.
Practice???

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts