GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what a weekend. Wingstock 2006 is in the can. Some are already home, others are on their way.

First, a huge thanks to Max, Mike and the staff at Traxxion who made much of it possible by allowing us to use their beautiful facilities as a home base. For feeding us some great BBQ after we spent all day riding some of North Georgias best twisties.

I guess we ended up having spmewhere between 40 and 60 bikes either drop in for the happenings or tag along on one of our 4 rides.

To Arnbutt, Toyo and Daddy's bike: Thanks guys. Without you, it wouldn't have been possible. If you would, could you, at your conveinence, give a ride report on your group ride? You know, how many bikes you had, what you did, anything funny happen, that sort of thing. Thanks.

My ride had 14 bikes. Many were 2-up. We logged about 250 miles. If was nippy when we left, about 48 then got down to about 45 or so as we headed for Amicalola Falls. By the time we got there, those without electrics were ready to stop and warm up. They were also really ready to get rid of the Dunkin Donuts coffee Traxxion had furnished before we left.

The next leg of the ride showed everyone who didn't already know what I mean when I say "twisties". We rolled into Blairsville's Rib Country a little after 11a. They had just opened and we had the sun and the deck to ourselves. The sun felt great and by now it was warming up nicely.

With full bellies, we went across the street, topped off the tanks and headed back South on my favorite road, Hwy 129 from Blairsville to to Dahlonega. Not as tight but just as technical with a little more speed added. Did I say the weather both Friday and Saturday was spectacular for riding?

We parked about a block off the square in Dahlonega and spent the next hour strolling around the small mountain town square which was full of shops and stores. Obviously, this part was for the co-riders. I saw more than one strolling thru the stores eating homemade fudge.

The last leg was just taking the back roads over to the interstate and then back to Woodstock where a couple of bikes pealed off so they could return to their room to rest a little and freshen up before Din-Din.

A glorius day!!

If you missed Max's seminar on Goldwing suspensions you missed a good one. Now the good news, he had the foresight to have it professionally videotaped. In the future -- I don't know how soon -- he will be able to answer all your questions about the 1800 suspension and about his product by sending you a video.

Ken from Ken's Motorcycle Tires then gave a shorter but very informative talk on tires for the 1800. Ken sells and installs a couple of thousand tires a year. He addressed the current shortage from his perspective and gave several reasons for short tire life. Thanks, Ken

Will there be a Wingstock 2007? Good question but it's one I can't answer right now.

To all who made it, thanks for being part of it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree. What a great day of riding and then fun Saturday night. You and Arn Butt and Toyo and Daddysbike did a great job of putting this all together.

I have posted some pictures of the ride that Paul led. Each of the bikes gave him $3 at the beggining of the ride so that he would give us interesting facts over the CB about what we were seeing as we went along. He pretended to put the money in the collection box at the entrance to the State Park.. but no one really saw it go in. :D

http://www.rickandjanis.com/093006.htm

It was great to put a face on some of the names from this board.

Rick

·
Registered
159 Posts
Made it home in good time and making plans for next year. A BIG thanks to everyone who made Wingstock such a success. BTW it is hot in Florida, but really began to notice the temperature change around Macon.

Again, thanks to all!

Bo

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
It was a great time and a very good ride, good fellowship, and great hospitality from Traxxion.

Dan was great to see you......you seem to be in good spirits, and good hands. Look forward to seeing you on the road.

Bo, was great to talk to you and the Ms. yesterday. Thanks for breaking out the Honda polish, that stuff works great. I told you I had a can but had not started using it....for some reason? I shined mine up today with it and I am really impressed with that stuff.
Also appreciate the GPS tour......that was very informative.
Glad you guys made it home OK. Hope to see you again....maybe Wingstock II.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Paul, thanks for the great ride. You can't beat a Saturday in the hills of north Georgia. Judy and I really enjoyed the company.

Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
Woodstock

My hat's off to the Traxxion and all the folks who made the ride possible and make it a huge success. Thanks Paul for a nice ride. Don and I had a super time and it was nice to meet some of the guys on this board.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice to meet a lot of you, it was a great time and Steve & Rodger (daddysbike & Panther) gave us a great ride after we aborted the first intended one. Hope everyone makes it home safe.

Jamie

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful ride Paul! Lyna and I both loved the ride. The best $3 I ever spent on a trail guide.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks To All

Sorry I've been so lax on getting around to posting here's a BIG thanks to all involved in getting this event off the ground. It was nice meeting a putting faces with names for a change. I left around 7:45 & made it home about 10:15 Sat. night with no problems.

I'd like to thank ArnButt for an enjoyable ride Friday and also to Trialsman for his guide service on Saturday. Below is a pic of our group from Trialsmans ride on Sat. Hope we can do this again next year.

PS A special thanks to Max & crew for hosting this event.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Re: Thanks To All

LTH said:
Below is a pic of our group from Trialsmans ride on Sat.
Can we download a higher resolution version of that shot, would sure like to put this one in the Album.

Trialsman's ride had a fair amount of Twisties that he was quite proud of. Well, here back in Florida we have our own twisties that are equal to the task of navigating, notice the increased difficulty as the road slopes downward towards the outside of the turn, and the immediate switchback! This one tough ride!!!

:bow: :sparkplug:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Paul, who is the Jacka$$ int he Corona Jacket?

Oh yeah its...................never mind.

Seriously though thanks for leadin the ride, it was great and if no Wingstock 2007, then I will just have to come up on my own and cause havoc for you and Toyo on my own.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Butch,

Anytime

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Paul, I must have lost this thread. I will put together a stroy of my ride for this thread.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
KCButch.........can you send me some contact info for that company that you got your short wired Sirius antenna from? I want to look into that.

Was nice riding and talking with you hope to see you again next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts