GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody wants me to lead a ride to the Cherohala skyway I'd be happy to, just reply here.
The ride will leave wingstock at 730a.m.
We will ride up 76/515 thru Blairsville GA then cut over to 64 west and take twisty Wayah rd, a great twisty ride up and over the mtn.We will then head west on 74 to 28 north. 28 is a great beautiful and twisty ride along Lake Fontana and leads to the start of Deals gap. Depending on how we're doing for time we can either ride Deals gap and then head over to the Cherohala skyway and back to Wingstock or just skip Deals gap and ride the Cheroahala. This is a great days ride, my favorite of many great rides in the area. I ride appx 10 over and don't get speeding tickets or wrecks.
You can pm me for more info. This is a great mix of scenic 2 lane, some 4 lane, and some great twisty stuff not including deals gap. We'll have time to stop for lunch and take some breaks.
Edit:
I ride these roads alot but not from the Wingstock area, I'm an hour away. If enough riders are interested, I'll make a trial run the Sat. before (23rd) from Wingstock area and log miles and time including stops so I'll have you back for sure in time for BBQ. If most want to ride Deals Gap and Cherohala skyway I may have to cut out Wayah road and/or 28 and stick to 129. Either way its all good riding, scenic etc.

Steve

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Cool idea Steve.

Steve's a very good rider and just as weird as the rest of us....
but he doesn't have a cb radio yet. That doesn't mean that he can't lead a ride but it means that there will be the usual communications handicaps associated with radio-free riding.

Thanks for volunteering, Steve.
Are you riding on Friday too? I want to ride up and meet Yellow Wolf on his home field and will take any earlybirds that want to go.
Meet at Ryan's on Friday at 0730. Over-eat then leave. (please have a full tank of gas before eating...). Back in time for Paul's dinner ride.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
What's he hiding? :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts