GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll lead a ride Sat. a.m. (leave Ryans 730a.m.)
We'll ride Deals gap first and then ride the Cherohala skyway with the sun to out backs, Also I think the Cherohala is a better ride going from NC to TN. We'll then head back to Wingstock and BBQ.
It will be a brisk (+10mph) ride.
I'll be at Traxxion Dynamics, 261 Rope Mill Road, Woodstock Friday afternoon for meet and greet and dinner ride with Paul.
PM meet if interested or look for me there.
Photo=Mark/helmetdance, Paul/Trialsman, me/Steve(daddysbike), Bill(Arnbutt) and his lovely wife Mirtes *photo courtesy of helmetdance.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll have directions to hand out.
Plan for temps 45-75. Temps along the Cherohala skyway(climbs to ~5500 ft) can drop 10-20 degrees from nearby Deals gap and Robbinsville. It should be high 50s to 60s since we'll be hitting it after lunch.
Have bike fully fueled and ready to leave Ryans at 0730, get there early if eating breakfast.
Total miles for the day ~330 and will be 50-65mph and scenic most of the day. I usually run about +10 but know where to back off for the law.
We'll stop for lunch and a few photo ops along the way. I'll bring my digital camera and post/email photos after the trip. Give me your name and address at the ride and I'll mail you a 4x6 (or two).
Any ?s you can pm me or email: [email protected]
Cell phone=404.406.8982

See you at Ryans:150 Keith Drive Canton, GA

Steve

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I hope some people show and go with Steve; he's a good rider and knows his way around. He just doesn't have a cb. Hand signals.
I've been getting PM's and phone calls all afternoon...
The Wingers are coming, the Wingers are coming, the Wingers are coming...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told the guys I'd help out and lead this ride Sat., I hope those of you that can't make Bills-Deals gap and Cherohala ride Friday join me on Sat.
Otherwise I'll just jump in with the rest of you and join one of the other rides. Its all good riding.

Have fun, enjoy the great roads and be safe
See you then,

Steve

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Wife and I went to the Hoot last year and stayed in Sweetwater, riding to and from Knoxville everyday on this route. It was a great experience "morning and evening" on that route. You guys and gals are really going to love it.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Steve,
Nice dinner last night.
The roads up to and around the Cherohala & the Gap were in very good shape yesterday.
Are you going to eat breakfast with us at Ryan's or skate out at 0730? Ya gotta eat...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts