GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went by Traxxion yesterday to check things out. Max put on a very nice gathering for everyone.

Great BBQ, and I think lots of folks enjoyed their rides around North Ga.

Got to meet Zackabilly and Trailsman. It was nice to put a face to a couple of guys on the board.

There was a young guy there who did Stunt Riding for the crowd. VERY IMPRESSIVE. Sorry but I don't recall his name.

Maybe Max will post a video.

Although I don't have Traxxion (yet) their facility is a first class operation.

I was especially impressed with their Machine Shop, where they design & make their own parts in house. (All HAAS CNC Machines made in the USA). :thumbup:

Thanks Max, hope to do it again next year.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were offering 10% off.
A friend of mine bought their Fork Brace, and they installed it on the spot.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yes thanks to Traxxion and also those that lead the rides. It was perfect riding weather and some great roads in the area. I don't know about all the rides but the one I was on was definitely a great ride! Thanks Paul!! :thumbup:Also good to meet more people from this forums. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Thanks also to Max. The 'cooked on the spot' bar-b-cue was real good. Thanks for including Us in your flag dedication. We don't get a chance to say the Pledge of Allegience much nowadays. Was afraid not everyone would remember the words. Thanks to those that rode with me. Now you understand why they call me 'Slow';).But Thank You again Max for your teams return to us for our patronage to your business. Hope everything in your future plans come to be as you seem to me to be a Man with a Mission headed in the right direction.:flg:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Excellent Wingstock! Thanks to Trailsman and others that hosted the event. Best ride ever on Saturday for this newbee to the GW. Appreciate all the advice and war stories from the seasoned riders.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I had a good time, as well. Good food, good drink, good music, good people and a good time. Everybody was smiling.

Good to meet, both, you and your riding crew. Next time I'm in the area, I'd like to come by and get a peek at the car racing business. Sounds like a gearhead's dream. Also, thanks for your offer and hospitality. Trialsman turned out to quite the character, as well. I think he should run for Mayor of Woodstock. Quite the diplomat.

Z

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
First,Thanks to all who maid our trip a great trip,Met some great new folks .& some fellow friends form before..Had a great ride Saturday,Some great rode,s ..Here are few pics for you all..

Oh by the way Richard & Paul I am back working on my pet project,I will have a update in about a week hopefully on the new design..

Attachments

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Gosh, Zackibilly, what did I say wrong........to make you think I am or could be a politician? :eek:4: :joke:

Enjoyed meeting you and your riding buddy and all the new folks who made it this year. All very nice and fun.

Turnout was the lowest since we started doing this a few years back. I blame it on the economic downturn. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Gosh, Zackibilly, what did I say wrong........to make you think I am or could be a politician? :eek:4: :joke:

Enjoyed meeting you and your riding buddy and all the new folks who made it this year. All very nice and fun.

Turnout was the lowest since we started doing this a few years back. I blame it on the economic downturn. :shrug:
Uhm, could it be.........when they called you to speak..........you were absent? Like some who left town so they didn't have to vote? LOL :popcorn: :p

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Judy and I made it home at about 6 this evening after a little detour on the way home so that we could have one of the best cold smoked mountain trout sandwiches at my favorite place for them - Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort.

Adding our thanks to Max and crew, and to the local 'wingers that help them make this annual event so memorable. BTW, I don't think the turn-out was worse than year-before-last when we came in Joe's SUV due to the storms!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
We had a first on DD Kings ride this year..........we saw a big ole bear.No one wanted to stop and get pictures though,lol

We had a good time as well....we even got down to "Smokin Gold" and had their famous "Burnt Ends"for lunch.Sure was good!

Aaron Twight was the stunt rider this year,and he did some incredible things on his stunt bike.

Good food,good stunts,good rides and good company........You guys just don't know what you're missing:yes1:

·
Registered
430 Posts
It was a nice event.

Thanks to Max and Paul for organizing the Wingstock, and to Joe for a good ride. The fellowship and food were excellent. I am still amazed at what Aaron Twyte can do on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Wish i could have been there but we were getting hammered with more than 2" of rainfall an hour for all of Friday night and some of Saturday morning.

A few homes down the block got some water in them. Not a good scenario. Spent about 3 hours pulling vehicles out and keeping the water from coming into my own garage.

I have never seen flooding like this in over 25 years. Most of the morons getting stuck were trying to go through too fast and of course, they were sending waves of water over yards and into homes.

Anyway... going to Wings Over The Smokies. Hoe to catch some of yous guys there.

Paul... you going this year?

·
Registered
369 Posts
thanks to max for puttin on another great gathering of wing owners. and thanks to paul for going slow enough so i could keep up.it was a great ride. maxster:evil:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thank's to Max and crew for hosting another excellent Wingstock. As mentioned earilier, being a part of the flag dedication was pretty neat.

Stunt rider Aaron Twyte put on awesome demonstration:

Tried to get Paul(Trialsman) to dismount his GW like this (he said the windshield would be a problem, so he wasn't going to try it).

Again this year....Paul dropped his bike more than anyone else.

Pics from our Sat ride..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts