GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's going to be time for "Wingstock" before we all know it.

For those who are new or have been away for a bit:

If you own a Goldwing, you and your co-rider are invited to "Wingstock", September 29, 30, October 1, 2006, in Woodstock, Georgia. The get together is a gathering of folks from this forum to spend some time making new friends and seeing old friends and spend a day (Saturday) riding our great twisties in the North Georgia Mountains. We will be playing the Jimi Hendrix version of the Star-Spangled Banner both Friday and Saturday. The schedule is as follows:

Friday the 29th: If you can make it in town Friday, join us at Traxxion Dynamics, 261 Rope Mill Road, Woodstock. If you've been thinking about upgrading your suspension, you'll be able to see the place where Max and his employees due their thing. They'll also be available to answer any questions you may have. Also available will be maps of some great rides starting and ending in Woodstock or nearby.

About 7pm, fall in behind me if you want to taste some really good southern-style cooking. I'll take the group for about a 20 min ride to a place I know. After dinner it's back to your room or campsite to rest up for Saturday.

Saturday, the 30th: Myself, Arnbutt and Toyo will lead three groups on three different routes. Each ride will have its own personality.

Mine will be at a leisurely to moderate pace with a stop at a state park with a beautiful waterfall and lunch at a great BBQ place. Arnbutt's will also include a hike to a waterfall and a breakfast stop. Bill's pace will be moderate. Toyo will lead a group who enjoy a little more lean in their turns :wink:

We will encourage all to take a map of one of the routes and enjoy their own ride, however, if you want to enjoy the ride and not be bothered by maps or looking for turns, fall in behind one of us.

Our plan is to have everyone back in town with enough time to freshen up and relax a little before dinner. Traxxion will be hosting a FREE catered BBQ Saturday evening followed by a seminar on Goldwing suspensions and a seminar on tires for the Goldwing.

Sunday, Oct. 1st: Anyone who didn't get their fill Saturday may want to meet up at Traxxion again for some informal group riding. I would imagine most will be heading home.

Here again are the phone numbers for the nearby hotels:

"Unofficial" hotel: Because of its proximity to good eats, gas and a Honda dealer 1 mile away and a Wally World, Holiday Inn Express 770-479-7300.

At the same exit: Comfort Inn 77-345-1994 and Days Inn 770-479-0301

About 3 miles from Traxxion, smaller, older Pine Crest Inn 770-345-5521

4 miles away, also near a lot of eating places, Hampton Inn 770-592-2323 and Comfort Inn 770-517-9650.

Since Traxxion needs a head count for the catered BBQ Saturday evening and I need a head count for the Friday dinner, please post on this thread if you are coming and whether or not you can make it for the Friday dinner. I will assume all who are coming will be there Saturday.

So, how many are you bringing and will you be there for the Friday dinner?

Hopefully, our buddy, Dan Duffy aka DDKing will be up and around and will be able to attend. Heck, he can be our guest of honor. Thanks, hope to see you soon. :D

If you have a question I didn't answer, PM me and I'll try to answer it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Count me in for Friday and Saturday. I will be Haulin A$$ from Houston on Thursday to be there for all the festivities. Really lookin forward to meetin yall!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just made the hotel reservation so count me for 2. I will be leaving from Fort Lauderdale, FL early Friday morning or late Thursday evening.

If anybody interested in riding up with me send me email.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Paul, I will be there for the dinner ride. More than likely we will get my neighbor to watch Cole for the night. I have got Butch from Houston, RRixx from Canada staying with us. We can all just leave our house and ride over for dinner.

Butch, You better get an early start. I will be waiting for you to get in town. Heck, I might just ride to Alabama or Miss to meet you!.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Lori and I for Sat. ride and BBQ............ummmmm I love BBQ 8)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I'm coming...
Wow.
Charlie/Suzie & Greg/Mirta.

My ride starts with a breakfast.
Then lots of rural backroads, a section of 60, Wolfpen Gap, a little of 129, 348, the hike to the falls (1.1 miles each way), lunch on the river, then the famous DDKing Pig Trail Scenic Byway back to Canton.
It will simply be called Pig Tails (thank you Steve S for coining the term).
Ain't no stinkin' map (too many pig trails) but I'll print directions up. Pretty ride; very scenic but complicated.

Early arrivals.
I'm taking Friday off from work and will go up to the Cherahala Skyway and come back by way of Rib Country. This was going to be DDKing's ride but he's a spectator this year now.
I'm parking the bike after that and will dine by the hotel on Hooter's wings; I'll let my sweetie drive me home in the Cooper.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Lyna and I will be taking Friday off to ride up, staying at Red Top Mountain. Friday Dinner, Saturday BBQ. Expect to take Paul's ride. Sunday afternoon will ride out to Tennessee to see my daughter in her last phases of pregnancy.

The campground allows dogs, may consider bringing Gizmo and Bijoux; but only if the Friday Dinner location, BBQ on Paul's Ride, Evening BBQ & Seminar and all the possible breakfast places permit well behaved furry children as well. Probably good to clear this up succinctly at this time for all.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
We like furry things. I am not sure where Paul has Dinner plans yet. The other places seem ok for fur!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I'll be there from NJ. P.S. - I'm still looking for some company on the way down.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Toyo said:
We like furry things.
Should that scare me? :twisted: Sorry, could not resist ... but with my propensity towards sock monkeys and brown plastic lawn buros, I should talk :oops:

Sounds good, if we are in a bind for what remains, any short term boarding or kindly Veterinarian or Breeder nearby? Will consider studding out Gizmo for payment
:cop2:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Everybody PM me that wants to do the Pig Trails ride.
Let me know about the nature walk. If enough people are being scared off by it, I can delete it and add more twisties.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
RRIXX said:
As Toyo said I will be there Friday for dinner. Unfortunately I will have to head back to work for Monday so I will be leaving early Sunday morning.
That's a pretty good one day ride. Is that far enough for a SS1K?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
trialsman said:
About 7pm, fall in behind me if you want to taste some really good southern-style cooking. I'll take the group for about a 20 min ride to a place I know.
Prior to the sun falling, what about making that ride a scant bit longer to
the Southern-stlye cooking? Hey, what exactly is Southern-style cooking? :D

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If the consensus of the group, at the time of departure, wants a longer ride, that can be arranged.

Southern cooking includes but is not limited to: Fried Catfish, grits, Fried okra, steamed cabbage, black-eyed peas, cucumber salad, catfish nuggets, sweet potato souffle, mashed taters, chicken livers, chicken & dressing, etc.

Yeah, I know they have some of these things upo North, too. But we do it better in the South. Plus, we got Sweet tea!!!!
:D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
what about making that ride a scant bit longer to
the Southern-stlye cooking?
Exactly what is a "scant bit" just how much time does that represent anyway? :D Or is that the description of a small spider bite maybe?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Traxxion Ride in

I will be there Friday and Saturday.Will have one other rider coming for a total of two.

Probably join Arnbutt's ride.

C/U THERE

Bloodbought1

1 - 20 of 101 Posts