GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,302 Posts
this is internet bull!!!

there has not been a big police move for 3 months!!!!

the weekends are busy for sure but really?

if coming on a sat or sun ride before 11am or after 4 pm,if you cant do that pull up a seat half way and watch the show!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yellow wolf said:
this is internet bull!!!

there has not been a big police move for 3 months!!!!

the weekends are busy for sure but really?

if coming on a sat or sun ride before 11am or after 4 pm,if you cant do that pull up a seat half way and watch the show!!!
Somehow I tought you may say that.
I plan to join the Sat. ride to Cherohala, Deals gap etc and have a good time with the group for Wingstock. I may even go against my own rule and ride the Gap on a weekend day (I'll likely just hang out with the bikers at the start of deals gap). But everyone does not have the luxury of riding during the week so I'm just saying have fun, be careful and keep your eyes open....don't forget the squids.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
daddysbike said:
yellow wolf said:
this is internet bull!!!

there has not been a big police move for 3 months!!!!

the weekends are busy for sure but really?

if coming on a sat or sun ride before 11am or after 4 pm,if you cant do that pull up a seat half way and watch the show!!!
Somehow I tought you may say that.
I plan to join the Sat. ride to Cherohala, Deals gap etc and have a good time with the group for Wingstock. I may even go against my own rule and ride the Gap on a weekend day (I'll likely just hang out with the bikers at the start of deals gap). But everyone does not have the luxury of riding during the week so I'm just saying have fun, be careful and keep your eyes open....don't forget the squids.

Steve
I'm taking the early group up to see Yeller Wolf on Friday; Dan was going to take a group on Saturday but he's out of action until he heals and gets a new bike.
Are you volunteering to lead a group up there on Saturday???
We haven't even met yet but we could use the help...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Guys,
Last weekend I was in Tenn. with my Rune and a few of us did the Snake, Rt 421, and we saw a crotch rocket pulled over and was getting tickets for speeding, and loud pipes. We saw the kid in the Shady Valley Country store after he came down, he was quite upset.
Rich K ( Wing Ski )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,606 Posts
I went through Deals Gap last Sunday. I did do the ride shortly after 1000am. I had two sportbikes that pulled on the road just behind me. I would like to say I never saw them again, but I let them get by me on a straight and never had another vehicle in my lane. Well that doesn't include the van, the car and the old jeep that crossed the double yellow line.

Personally I found Rt 180 in GA to be more challenging, more fun, and had way fewer squids around.

I had a fun three days riding in that area and highly recommend it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm willing to take a goup to the Cherohala skyway and Deals gap if they like. I'll likely sit out the gap and let them ride to the bridge and back. I ride 10-15 over. I prefer the Cherohala and think it a much better ride on the wing (long smooooth sweepers, not race track like cutbacks on the gap). If interested pm me and let me know if you want to ride the Cherohala and/or Deals gap. I know lots of great roads and could lead a ride to any of them as well i.e. 64, Wayah rd, north GA mtns (197 etc).
Also taking the short side trip on the Cherohala and follow the river to the falls is worth it while up there.
We would leave by 7-715am to leave plenty of time for stops/breaks etc.
I know the perfect cafe for lunch, great menu, wide selection, great iced tea everything $5-15 and great choice, Tellico Cafe right at the start of the Cherohala.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Have Deals Gap on the places we wan't to visit. But I like to ride 5MPH under redline, and Cheri want's to know if their are any craft shows or flea mkts to see. Meby we'll pass YW on the way around!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
daddysbike said:
I'm willing to take a goup to the Cherohala skyway and Deals gap if they like. I'll likely sit out the gap and let them ride to the bridge and back. I ride 10-15 over. I prefer the Cherohala and think it a much better ride on the wing (long smooooth sweepers, not race track like cutbacks on the gap). If interested pm me and let me know if you want to ride the Cherohala and/or Deals gap. I know lots of great roads and could lead a ride to any of them as well i.e. 64, Wayah rd, north GA mtns (197 etc).
Also taking the short side trip on the Cherohala and follow the river to the falls is worth it while up there.
We would leave by 7-715am to leave plenty of time for stops/breaks etc.
I know the perfect cafe for lunch, great menu, wide selection, great iced tea everything $5-15 and great choice, Tellico Cafe right at the start of the Cherohala.

Steve
Steve,
Wanna get together with Trialsman and me this weekend? Helmetdance will be in town too. I'll call Toyo and we can pow-wow and then ride a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
daddysbike said:
Steve,
Wanna get together with Trialsman and me this weekend? Helmetdance will be in town too. I'll call Toyo and we can pow-wow and then ride a bit.[/quote]


Sounds good, when? where?

Steve[/quote]Trialsman is giving a safety talk to Chapter (fill in the letter) at the Ryan's in Canton (exit 20) on Saturday morning. I'm going to find out the time. It's their breakfast meeting.
Does that interest you (and Helmetdance)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
daddysbike said:
Steve,
Wanna get together with Trialsman and me this weekend? Helmetdance will be in town too. I'll call Toyo and we can pow-wow and then ride a bit.

Sounds good, when? where?

Steve[/quote]Trialsman is giving a safety talk to Chapter (fill in the letter) at the Ryan's in Canton (exit 20) on Saturday morning. I'm going to find out the time. It's their breakfast meeting.
Does that interest you (and Helmetdance)?[/quote]

That's fine, just let me know what time. How long does his talk last? do you plan to ride also?

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
Daddysbike said:
Sounds good, when? where?
Steve
Arn Butt Bill said:
Trialsman is giving a safety talk to Chapter (fill in the letter) at the Ryan's in Canton (exit 20) on Saturday morning. I'm going to find out the time. It's their breakfast meeting.
Does that interest you (and Helmetdance)?
Daddysbike said:
That's fine, just let me know what time. How long does his talk last? do you plan to ride also?

Steve
I've never been to one of their meetings. Hopefully it will be an eat, joke, talk a little, and go thing. Paul likes to stress slow-speed parking lot skills. He's really really good with the 'Wing at slow speed; amazing, in fact.
A ride afterward is in order.
Helmetdance will be town from Alabama too; never had the pleasure of meeting him either and am looking forward to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
yellow wolf said:
this is internet bull!!!

there has not been a big police move for 3 months!!!!

the weekends are busy for sure but really?

if coming on a sat or sun ride before 11am or after 4 pm,if you cant do that pull up a seat half way and watch the show!!!
I only have one weekend of experience, but back July 8 & 9 I ran the gap several times and spent a lot of time at the Tail of the Dragon, ZERO Law Enforcment. It was my feeling the most riders there police themselves... It's OK to go fast, but not to go STUPID!

If you want a nice clean ride, get there by 8:00am, then you will be able to make a few passes without interuption, just watch for wet areas. BTW, with a speed limit of 30mph your going to speed if you even think about it! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
Daddysbike said:
Sounds good, when? where?
Steve
[quote="Arn Butt Bill":50z5oosf]Trialsman is giving a safety talk to Chapter (fill in the letter) at the Ryan's in Canton (exit 20) on Saturday morning. I'm going to find out the time. It's their breakfast meeting.
Does that interest you (and Helmetdance)?
Daddysbike said:
That's fine, just let me know what time. How long does his talk last? do you plan to ride also?

Steve
I've never been to one of their meetings. Hopefully it will be an eat, joke, talk a little, and go thing. Paul likes to stress slow-speed parking lot skills. He's really really good with the 'Wing at slow speed; amazing, in fact.
A ride afterward is in order.
Helmetdance will be town from Alabama too; never had the pleasure of meeting him either and am looking forward to it.[/quote:50z5oosf]


I'll be there. I haven't ridden in 5 weeks (a record for me) I had hip surgery to repair torn cartilage Aug.11 and look forward to getting back on the bike. I haven't gone more than a week or so w/o riding in yrs.
Sat. should be great riding weather. I'll check back later for time at Ryans Sat. a.m.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Arn Butt, Daddysbike, Trialsman,

I just registered on this site so I couldn't respond until today. Just wanted to say it was great to meet all of you and ride a couple hundred miles in your neck of the roads. For anyone who hasn't been there, Northern Georgia roads do kick some royal butt, not to mention the fact that Georgia is one incredibly beautiful state. Great ride!! Looking forward to doing it again.

Cheers,
Helmetdance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
What a cool day of riding on Saturday.
Helmetdance, who's jobbing in Alabama, rode over; Daddysbike finally came by too. So Trialsman and I took a spin with them.
Paul just got new brakes, tires, and Traxxion; he certainly could keep up now. He loaned out his bike to Daddysbike (former crotch-rocket pilot) who said, "really lightens up the bike; I almost didn't want to ride it 'cause I knew I'd want it..."
Funny thing. I met Daddysbike 3 1/2 years ago in Blairesville when I stopped in there to have my break-in service done on my '02 Yellow during her maiden trip. Steve was on his sportbike and we talked for quite a while. I remember that as I left I said to my wife, "bet that guy buys a Goldwing".
Small world.

Left to Right: Me, Paul Trialsman, Steve Daddysbike, Mark Helmetdance. Photo by my wife, Mirtes:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
What a cool day of riding on Saturday.
Helmetdance, who's jobbing in Alabama, rode over; Daddysbike finally came by too. So Trialsman and I took a spin with them.
Paul just got new brakes, tires, and Traxxion; he certainly could keep up now. He loaned out his bike to Daddysbike (former crotch-rocket pilot) who said, "really lightens up the bike; I almost didn't want to ride it 'cause I knew I'd want it..."
Funny thing. I met Daddysbike 3 1/2 years ago in Blairesville when I stopped in there to have my break-in service done on my '02 Yellow during her maiden trip. Steve was on his sportbike and we talked for quite a while. I remember that as I left I said to my wife, "bet that guy buys a Goldwing".
Small world.
It was a good ride and great to meet you guys (and lady). It was funny meeting Bill (again) over 3 yrs later. I told him I was at that shop having a rear put on my sportbike and the dealer let me ride the GL1800 demo while I waited, traded for a '03 GL and am now on my 2nd!
See 'ya at Wingstock.

Steve
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top