GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to browse wingstuff.com on my iPhone and noticed they have a new look. It will take me a while to get used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
Yeah, I had to do a double take.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I noticed it yesterday also. Nice look but they changed the rewards program. I had bought a VIP membership to get discounts on items. Even though the VIP membership converted to being a Platinum member of the rewards program, I'm now going to have to buy items (no automatic discounts) to get rewards for future purchases.

·
Vendor
17,830 Posts
It's a nice looking web site. However, it's too bad they still have the 1st and 2nd generation thing going on for the 5th gen. It gets confusing when the m/c they are trying to sell parts for get miss labeled.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ordered some things from them and it took just a few extra moments to maneuver to where I needed to go. However, WingStuff is still one of my favorite places to order stuff for my F6B. Free shipping on over $50 and I got my stuff in 4 days standard shipping.

·
Vendor
314 Posts
Hey there! First I want to thank each of you for your feedback on our new-look site. We've spent over a year working very hard to update and improve our site for our customers. There are some new features we've added and we're already working on even more for the near future. We haven't done a full roll-out so I'm glad you all are able to get a "first look" before we really push the update!

Some of the newest features we're most excited about are:
- WingRewards Program...it's completely free to join and you earn points just for having an account with us. Then, every dollar you spend with us earns you points which you can use to get coupons for future purchases. You can get all the details here:

Introducing the New WingRewards Loyalty Program

- Products now have inventory status...If a product is out of stock you will know and will be able to leave your email address to be notified when it is back in stock (some exclusions apply). If you are already logged in to your WingStuff account and have an email address saved in your profile, all you do is click the "Notify Me" button.
- We now accept PayPal!
- Product Reviews & blog comments now earn you points towards coupons to save you even more $. That's right, if you're signed into your WingStuff account and write a review on a product you've purchased or comment on one of our blog post articles, you will earn points (Limits apply).

If any of you have any questions/comments/feedback regarding our updated site, or anything else really, please do not hesitate to give us a call (949)454-2199 or email ([email protected]) and ask away. It is the quickest and best way to get a hold of us.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pending orders from the website did not transfer over to the new system so when you try to check status, I says it does not exist and you are told to contact them. That was scary.

On a positive note about it though, I sent them an email and got a reply in less than a day.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Dislike the new website look very much and the way it "works". It was dreadfully slow on my iPad tablet and found it very illogical to navigate around on. When I filled out an email comment/suggestion feedback card it thru it out/wouldn't send saying the session had timed out. I'm not very fast typing and filling out forms, but no slouch either.
Everyone has their preferences and opinions and I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not visiting it much.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
When I logged in using my current password, it instructed me to establish a stronger password. Seemed like a simple enough thing to do.

Password needs to be at least 6 characters in length with at least 1 letter and 1 number OR punctuation mark.

Showed 3 fields: Current Password; New Password; Confirm Password.

Seems simple enough, but I tried several times and it kept telling me that I failed to fill out one of the fields.

I gave up for now. I'll try again later.

·
Vendor
314 Posts
When I logged in using my current password, it instructed me to establish a stronger password. Seemed like a simple enough thing to do.

Password needs to be at least 6 characters in length with at least 1 letter and 1 number OR punctuation mark.

Seems simple enough, but I tried several times and it kept telling me that I failed to fill out one of the fields.

Oh no! Were you able to update your password? If you're still having trouble please feel free to call or email our customer service guys and they will be more than happy to try help.

·
Vendor
314 Posts

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I looked into the issue more and there seemed to be a weird glitch but only for certain accounts. Anyway, the problem is now fixed so you should be able to update your password without a problem. Because it's a newly designed site, there may still be some bugs to work through so we really appreciate your feedback!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I don't mind the new look - It is not nearly as user friendly as the old site. I wouldn't tell anyone you worked on it for a year - that time could certainly have been better spent.

What I don't like is this silly rewards program they have rolled out. If you are a silver member you have to spend $300 to get $10 off - that's not an incentive to purchase from them AT ALL - a HUGE downgrade from the VIP program. I've purchased a TON of stuff from WingStuff - Lucky there are other vendors out there which I will now be carefully looking at since the Wingstuff's pricing incentive, which kept me using them, is a thing of the past.

Additionally, I still had time remaining on my VIP membership - Wingstuff did not ask me if I wanted a refund of the unused portion or to be put into their Platinum program. I am uninterested in being in the platinum program where you have to spend $200 to get $10 off and spend $1,000 per year to stay at that level...stupid

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not thrilled regarding the VIP program changes. This encourages me to "shop around" which I did not really do before. The look of it makes no difference to me, sooner or later I will get use to the new format, the only issue that matters to me is how I as a customer feel about doing business with Wingstuff (or any other supplier). Taking away, real or perceived, is a hard sell to an existing customer base. Absolutely wish you the best of luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts