GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Wingstuff in Lake Forest, California was downsizing, so I stopped by the other day and sure enough they closed up their service/install department completely and reduced their showroom size by 2/3rds. What a disappointment for all the Socal guys who use them regularly. I guess they're heading towards being just an online sales outfit.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Snap. I placed an order in May. Arrived mid June. I placed anothe order 2 weeks ago. Hasnt been shipped. Now all I see is the site is down for maintenance.

·
Registered
654 Posts
maybe they are moving toward an online/mobile operation. They had quite a large section at Wing Ding this past month.

Or it could just be due to the economy. People probably aren't spending as much and it makes sense to downsize and stay in business instead of increase size and go bankrupt. Ever heard of Orange County Choppers??

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Just checked status on my order. No problems with site

·
Registered
30 Posts
I once complained on this board about the quality of Wingstuff that has deteriorated and was called a dickhead. Oh, well, I suppose I have seen this coming a long time ago.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Placed an order With Wingstuff 14 days ago. 26kg of accessories

America -----> Australia, Parcel arrived 7 days after order was placed
and could track it all the way with Fedex :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
C'mon all you Wingstuff fans. Better get to buying...:roll:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I've seen Rick try all sorts of gimmics through the years to pull bucks out of peoples pockets.
He reminds me of the Po-peel guy on TV.A new gimmic every time you watch the show.

The service dept was a joke at best.:eek:4: so no loss there.:thumbup:

He even bought Coffee n Dounts on Saturdays so cheap SOB's would sit out front of the shop,As Rick put it "It give people the impression that the shop is busy" :shrug:
Yeah right "Feed the moochers and they'll never leave" (Krammer).
The funny part was the moochers never bought anything.go figure.

It is interesting to see what Ricks next move will be though.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I placed 3 separate orders with Wingstuff last week and they all shipped the next day and arrived via Fedex a few days later. I've always had no problems at all with their online services.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've dropped $3K or so with them in the last three months and no problems. Quick delivery and great product line-up...

J.D.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I use them all the time...last order was placed on Monday and it was received on Wednesday morning...I can't ask for anything better....business is tough all over these days....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wingstuff

Howdy - So Wingstuff is closing it's service Dept. That is sad news, They did great work at a fair price.... May they be able to reopen soon. Best Wishes Mike Dory

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
When Rick expanded his shop his wife was against it because of the economy , but he wanted to make it better for his customers, he had a great shop with a beautiful waiting room. He did a lot of work not only on Wings but all other kinds of bikes also, (his other site is cyclegiant.com I think) he also does trike conversions. With things slowing down he is down sizing the building he is in now but last I heard he is planning on buying a building, the one he is in now is a lease. He has a big mail order business and every time I go there he shows me around his shop, backrooms,and mail order department. He always has several used bikes on the floor for sale and they are very reasonable priced, check out his web site. He ordered a new 2012 so he could dress it up and people could see how all the accessories look on a new wing. He had a white 05 that he did the same thing to and it was a beautiful bike.
Guys go there on Saturday morning and kick tires and have a free donut and coffee, oh yea, he has a Keurig coffee maker so the coffee is great, but I remember in years past that is what most wing riders did on Saturday before a ride. We did it at Willis communication in Santa Ana, Huntington Honda, (Rick worked there many years) Highland Cycle and a few other places. I wish him all the luck for continued success in his business.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
When Rick expanded his shop his wife was against it because of the economy , but he wanted to make it better for his customers, he had a great shop with a beautiful waiting room. He did a lot of work not only on Wings but all other kinds of bikes also, (his other site is cyclegiant.com I think) he also does trike conversions. With things slowing down he is down sizing the building he is in now but last I heard he is planning on buying a building, the one he is in now is a lease. He has a big mail order business and every time I go there he shows me around his shop, backrooms,and mail order department. He always has several used bikes on the floor for sale and they are very reasonable priced, check out his web site. He ordered a new 2012 so he could dress it up and people could see how all the accessories look on a new wing. He had a white 05 that he did the same thing to and it was a beautiful bike.
Guys go there on Saturday morning and kick tires and have a free donut and coffee, oh yea, he has a Keurig coffee maker so the coffee is great, but I remember in years past that is what most wing riders did on Saturday before a ride. We did it at Willis communication in Santa Ana, Huntington Honda, (Rick worked there many years) Highland Cycle and a few other places. I wish him all the luck for continued success in his business.

It's true that the repair shop is closing, but there are other options in the area like JBJ. I think his goal is to A. own the building since now is a good time to be buying if you have the capital, and B. have more space for the mail-order part of his business which is his bread and butter.

The shop layout has changed, and I'm not a big fan, but they continue to be friendly, and a great local place to pick up things for the bike. I've ordered things for delivery as well, and always got my items in a very timely manner.

I do not have the feeling they are going under. I feel they are restructuring so that they can thrive in the current economic climate rather than just struggle through.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Grate place to shop, I just had my front tire put on there :thumbup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
As one of the "Wingstuff Saturday Riders" I have regretted seeing the retail store diminish in size, but it's understandable with the state of our economy. I consider Rick Arnoldo and many of his employee's as good friends and I will miss our regular Saturday meeting place. Wingstuff, along with Honda Direct Line are still the top two trusted Internet outlets for our Goldwing's, both provide excellent service and reliability. Rick, get your own building with a retail store that displays all your "Goldwing Goodies," I have to see (in person) what's going to make my money disappear. The politicians are doing a better job of that right now and it sure isn't fun. :wrong:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Sorry to hear this. But sh*t happens. Maybe if he didn't charge a fee to get his best price? I just ordered over $600 from Chrome World. No fees, free shipping, no tax! Great customer service. Hopefully he gets his new building soon, and drops his fee. :wrong: Tom :biker:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I buy almost all my stuff from them.
I ordered a new windshield from them and got it in 2 days.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts