GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out the summer air in my tires this morning and put in winter air. I had to change the settings on my suspension from 10 where I usually run it to 7 to compensate. I always wait until the first snowfall before I do it, but then I remember that it really makes a big difference in the way the bike handles. I got the additive at Walmart in the auto department. If you get yours there, be sure you get the one rated for tubeless tires (in the red can with blue lettering).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
If you want that Wing to ride really good put Hawaiian air in them tires, I think you can get it at Napa. That is what we put in my wifes A/C on her Caddy. When you turn the air on and it smells like pineapples and it has a little moisture in it it makes your skin feel so soft. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,070 Posts
I can see that the parked bike syndrome is hitting those in snow country hard about now. That cold has frozen those brain cells and caused hallucinations to erupt on this board. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
I changed out the summer air in my tires this morning and put in winter air. I had to change the settings on my suspension from 10 where I usually run it to 7 to compensate. I always wait until the first snowfall before I do it, but then I remember that it really makes a big difference in the way the bike handles. I got the additive at Walmart in the auto department. If you get yours there, be sure you get the one rated for tubeless tires (in the red can with blue lettering).
Now this is a really good idea. :roll:
I wish I had thought of it. :wink:
Not the winter air thing, but... :lol:
the part about giving "April Fools" jokes for Christmas.
See folks, it's bad enough that poor Dancer has to suffer brain fatigue from living in those high altitudes. See how much worse it gets when it's COLD air too! :lol: :lol:
Good one Dancer :!: :!: :!:
DC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
White Gold said:
If you want that Wing to ride really good put Hawaiian air in them tires, I think you can get it at Napa. That is what we put in my wifes A/C on her Caddy. When you turn the air on and it smells like pineapples and it has a little moisture in it it makes your skin feel so soft. :wink:
Hmmm. I think I've seen that Caddy. It's a pink one that says "Mary Kay" on the side, right? :lol: :lol:
DC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
[quote="White Gold":3iigizxs]If you want that Wing to ride really good put Hawaiian air in them tires, I think you can get it at Napa. That is what we put in my wifes A/C on her Caddy. When you turn the air on and it smells like pineapples and it has a little moisture in it it makes your skin feel so soft. :wink:
Hmmm. I think I've seen that Caddy. It's a pink one that says "Mary Kay" on the side, right? :lol: :lol:
DC[/quote:3iigizxs]What you gota problem with my make I mean her makeup. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
I changed out the summer air in my tires this morning and put in winter air. I had to change the settings on my suspension from 10 where I usually run it to 7 to compensate. I always wait until the first snowfall before I do it, but then I remember that it really makes a big difference in the way the bike handles. I got the additive at Walmart in the auto department. If you get yours there, be sure you get the one rated for tubeless tires (in the red can with blue lettering).
I used to work in a HESS gas station in Toms River, NJ. and we actually would have some customers that would come in twice a year to have us change out the air in their tires.. no lie! They would tip us very well so we always did it without complaining. Let the air out.. pump new air in.
 

·
Legend in His Own Mind
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Ahhh, I see someone else was bored with all the postings of late too. We need something exciting or contoversial to create a little more enthusiasm or interest around here, good one!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,156 Posts
The air is pretty thin up there in colorado, did you get extra cans? :) Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,039 Posts
I changed the gas in mine, you did'nt? Don't forget the oil too!
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Its kind of funny that this was posted now. I had a funny feeling about the way my car was riding yesterday. So I sat in front of my house and changed the air in the tires. My wife thought I was nuts for doing it but when we went out last night she couldn't believe how smooth the ride was. She is now a believer.

I can't find the link but there is a website that explains how the air molecules wear out and should be changed several times per year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,624 Posts
My wife tells me that I am full of hot air (along with a few other things) so I wonder if I can use some of that. I figure I would need less air given the rate of expansion of hot verses cold air? Gosh, if I were to use a breath mint when filling the tires, factoring in the small amount of air we lose over time, I wonder if that would act like an air freshener in a car while riding along?

I need to talk with Fred to see how I can get this packaged! Bottled flavored Goldwing Air. I think I will market two kinds. Minty Fresh for those reserved riders, and Salsa for the more aggressive riders.

Honey, if you are reading this, get us two plane tickets to someplace warm fast. I can see me rolling in the dough now, or something. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Its kind of funny that this was posted now. I had a funny feeling about the way my car was riding yesterday. So I sat in front of my house and changed the air in the tires. My wife thought I was nuts for doing it but when we went out last night she couldn't believe how smooth the ride was. She is now a believer.

I can't find the link but there is a website that explains how the air molecules wear out and should be changed several times per year.
Thats why I prefer the full synthetic Air because the molecules won't sheer as bad bouncing around inside the tire as the normal, non-syn air. I've been considering using super refined AirTella because it's cheaper. It's not a true synthetic Air, but the price is right and it won't void my warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
CD - did you remember to replace your crush-valves when replacing the air? And, did you also remember to buy the special high-altitude air? All too often, the Wal-Mart down here carries the wrong kind. I suppose they keep it on the shelves for those flat-landers coming through on visits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,647 Posts
Since I am new to Goldwings (6 months), and I'm learning more and more about them by reading the GREAT posts on this board, :bow: :bow: I was wandering if I were to drive my Wing up North, Will I have to change out the Texas air in my tires to Northern air?

I looking for the most comfortable ride possible........

TIA

David
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I get the feeling that someone thinks I am joking. I am as serious s I can be about this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,635 Posts
Just remember that the molecules of air are aligned in an east/west-north/south configuration. So, not only do you need to change out the winter/summer, high altitude/low altitude air, but you also need to pay attention to the direction you will be riding. If you are going east or west and want to change to north or south, or norhteast/south west or south east north west, you need to have the correct proportions of the designated air components or the bike may ride as though you did not even consider the consequences. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I get the feeling that someone thinks I am joking. I am as serious s I can be about this.
Should I change the air in my tractor tires , inquiring minds want to know?
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top