GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good winter riding glove that is warm, waterproof and has a gauntlet large enough to fit over the end of the sleeve of my leather jacket. Would appreciate any input available..

·
Registered
268 Posts
You might want to check out your local Harley Davidson shop. They do have a good selection of gloves, all of course made in China. George

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Your local Tractor Supply Company store should be able to help you. I post about these every season on every board I frequent when the topic comes up. They have a house brand called 'CE Schmidt Workwear' and in that line are gloves that are great for winter. They are Thinsulate lined, waterproof and have a velcro cinch at the top of the wrist. You can get them in black or brown for $11-$12. If you ride in weather like I do or are a bit cold-blooded, TSC can order you a very similar glove with a long, insulated gauntlet cuff that not only cinches at the wrist but also at the end of the gauntlet. The company that makes the CE Schmidt line for TSC is Berne Apparel Company and TSC can order these gloves through them. I'm thinking I paid something like $14-$16 plus shipping for those and have to tell you that they are really great for winter riding. A plus for bigger riders is that they are available in sizes through XXXL and are cut generously. My TSC ordered in a pair in XXL and XXXL for me and the XXXL were too big. If your TSC store manager has any trouble helping you, send me a PM and I'll get the ordering info to them.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I also have the Tour Master Polar-Tex winter gloves and have been very happy with them. Best winter gloves I've ever had.

Sheldon
'04 Titanium GL1800

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just purchased the Winter Elites from Hal during this last sale. I just got them today so I haven't tried them out in cold weather yet but, they look like they will fill the bill quite nicely. Very nice workmanship and features. I'll let you know in a couple of months!!

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product ... =109&cat=9

·
Registered
977 Posts
www.motoport.com

Polar AX insulated/waterproof glove with gauntlet & adjustable velcro wrist - only $29. I wear them down to 25F. Mine have lasted for several years. I even use them for the duration of heavy warm weather rain to avoid soaked elkskin gloves.

·
Registered
484 Posts
NRA Life Member said:
I just purchased the Winter Elites from Hal during this last sale. I just got them today so I haven't tried them out in cold weather yet but, they look like they will fill the bill quite nicely. Very nice workmanship and features. I'll let you know in a couple of months!!

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product ... =109&cat=9
+1 on these gloves.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Check out Olympia.............they ahve some nice ones without all the pads and stuff..... 8)

·
Registered
750 Posts
DT
Raynauds is a disease. It can become so severe that gangrene and amputation is required..... I've seen some riders speak of battery operated gloves. Anyone have a line on these??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts