GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
We're getting the same crap over here too!!

Looks like you might have over-shot the driveway a bit..... :wink: :wink: :lol:

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hedo said:
We're getting the same crap over here too!!

Looks like you might have over-shot the driveway a bit..... :wink: :wink: :lol:
yep just a bit. kid was home had to drive in the grass to put it away.
well with the snow i can get to my new lights this weekend.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I got to ride today and then I put the snowblower on the John Deere... Now I only hope I do not need it.. :wink: :wink:

I just looked, It is still 60 deg. here and dry.....

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5Ross said:
I got to ride today and then I put the snowblower on the John Deere... Now I only hope I do not need it.. :wink: :wink:

I just looked, It is still 60 deg. here and dry.....

going to be 38 saturday and 40's sunday
i hope i can keep up my riding i'm on 235 day's now straight

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hey Bill, if you get snow on the back rest and seat of your Wing, just turn on that vibratlng back rest. That should do the trick. We are getting rain mixed with snow and some thunder with lighting. That picture of your Wing in your yard sure would make a nice Christmas Card. Hoping to get out on Sunday with the bike. Take care and I hope you see 236 and more.

EZ Reiter

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I was 88 degrees here today. Some said 89, but I did not believe them. What is the funny looking white stuff all over that beautiful blue Gold Wing?

Sorry guys, little joke. It was really 39 degrees and will be 21 in the morning...don't move to South Texas where you can ride 365/24/7...

·
Registered
868 Posts
To all my friends residing on the frozen tundra, I would like to make you feel better. It was 75 yesterday, 78 today and should be around 70 tomorrow :) ----- Winter, the second riding season

Now, don't you feel a lot better knowing some of us are still getting to ride :)

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now, don't you feel a lot better knowing some of us are still getting to ride :)[/quote]
some of us ride all year up here to we just dress a little warmer.
if there no ice i ride. so far every year the wife and i ride new years eve at midnight as well as x-mas and my birthday feb 28th.

W

·
0 Posts
pit900 said:
it's here. got to ride in the snow after work. not to bad but it got worse after i got home.
Don't they make a plow for our 1800's?

I'll bet you didn't last long about a hour after that picture was taken.... :snow1: :snow1: :snow1: :snow1: :snow1:

I had off today for Veteran's Day Sat., spent a hour getting the weights and chains on the John Deere, and got to use it 2 1/2 hours later, and just in time I might add.

·
Registered
881 Posts
pit900 said:
it's here. got to ride in the snow after work. not to bad but it got worse after i got home.
I took the afternoon off work on Wed. Rode Hwy 10 to the Norske Nook in Osseo, WI. for lunch. Then a lot of back county roads winding around the bluffs down to the river and home. Sure glad I did because I saw on the news that area had up to 16 1/2" of snow.

·
Tattooed Freak
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[
I'll bet you didn't last long about a hour after that picture was taken.... :snow1: :snow1: :snow1: :snow1: :snow1:

I had off today for Veteran's Day Sat., spent a hour getting the weights and chains on the John Deere, and got to use it 2 1/2 hours later, and just in time I might add.[/quote]

yep it was put away about 1 minute later. we got about 2"-4"
no riding saturday untill after noon whan it melts.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
it was so nasty

i was even cold watching my neighbor shovel my driveway, from the living room window

and just yesterday, i worked on the valkyrie, outside in the driveway, in my t shirt all day

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I like the idea of getting the bike out on New Year's. A good tradition to add to the household rituals.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Gosh its winter in the south also.. forecast for today... 64 degrees and partly cloudy :lol:

i guess i should go for a ride !!

cosmic

·
Registered
461 Posts
80 degrees here yesterday, several of us rode 200 miles and went through old motorcycle museum, had lunch and returned, a beautiful day, wish we could get some of that white stuff but a little later please.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Glad I got in a good ride Wed. On the road at 8:00. Found the southern end of the Kettle Moraine scenic drive and followed it to its end north of Elkhart Lake. Made quite a few detours, some intentional, just cause the road looked good, some unintentional, when I missed a little green sign.

Got home just after dark. One twenty minute stop for lunch and gas. Lots of turns. Speed limit 35 most of the way. The section just south of 23 is pure heaven. New pavement, no traffic, twisty as a politician's ethics. Some wet leaves had me seeing my life flash before me, but the big girl regained her composure quite well after stepping sideways across the lane.

I don't know how anyone can be comfortable on the stock Wing. The stock seat, handlebars, footpegs fit me perfectly, and I'm built really weird. Nine hours rowing the bars with a 20 minute break, and I felt great.

A couple of hours in the Town Car and I freeze up like the Tin Man.

Go figure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts