GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking for some lower riding bibs for the cooler weather here in Ca, I plan on riding unless it’s raining. What brand are you guys using riding in cooler weather.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.......

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
First Gear in all conditions, rain or shine.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I commute 12 months a year in Colorado, here's my items:

The Sedici Avventura is probably the most flexible jacket I've ever owned. Closed up, it's warm. With a fleece layer under it, I'm good to about 30*. With the vents open, it's good to about 85*. After that, I go to the Dakar.

The Avventura has arm vent zips, shoulder front vents, the front pockets zip open to mesh panels (the red zippers on the front), huge back vents, and LOTS of adjustability to make it fit well.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sedici-avventura-waterproof-jacket

The Olympia Dakar2 jacket has thermal and rain liners. The rain liner can be worn OVER the jacket or under (keep your jacket dry in rain), and can work as a wind stop (liner outside, then jacket, then thermal liner). With fleece and the rain liner (as a wind liner) it's good down to about 40*.

Without any layers, it's good to about 105*. After that, I go back to the Sedici so I can close most of the vents and create a micro-climate.

Get a Aerostich silk scarf. In winter I wrap my neck, it helps keep warm. In summer, soak it water and wrap it around your neck, keeps you cool.

Pants are Olympia Airglides. On a wing, they work all year, 20* to 120*. In really cold weather I'll throw on the rain liners are a wind barrier.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I've been really pleased with my Fist Gear, Kilimanjaro Jacket. I've had it now for what must be something like 15 or 20 years. Below ~50*F I wear a light fleece jacket underneath. If things go into the 30's I trade the fleece for an electrically heated Jacket Liner and add some long underwear. Even in a light rain these setups work. In a serious rain I have a Harley Rain Suit (Jacket & Pants) which works extremely well. I've lived in: the San Francisco Bay Area, outside of Sacramento in the foothills of the Sierras and now in the Los Angeles area. Other than Tule Fog or ice on the roads, I'm good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts