GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helmetdance came to visit again and stayed with Trialsman. We had a little ribfest at Toyo's house (you're are AWESOME, Krista) and took a little spin in the mountains on Sunday.
Temps ranged from the 30's to high 60's. No clouds.

We stopped at TWO:

I'm hoping that Helmetdance will post some of his photos; he's got a wiz-bang camera and we took some action shots on the Cherohala.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bill,

Where was the photo in your post taken? How do you get there. Looks like a good gathering place.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay Hoover said:
Bill,
Where was the photo in your post taken? How do you get there. Looks like a good gathering place.
That's TWO, Two Wheels Only campground and motorcycle resort. It's on GA-60, just a sneeze south of the intersection of GA-180 (Wolfpen Gap Road) in Suches, GA. It's a motorcycle shrine and almost a museum inside.
The owners are among the least pleasant and odd people that I've ever met but they have a very loyal following, especially in the BMW community.

Some of the best motorcycle roads on God's green Earth are in that area.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
HelmetDance emailed me saying he would post his pics when he got back to Illinois.

Yes, it was a great day for riding.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toyo said:
HelmetDance emailed me saying he would post his pics when he got back to Illinois.

Yes, it was a great day for riding.
I'm hoping he'll make a cd of the shots (full resolution) and mail'em to us.
His cameras rock the house.
Sorry that you had to split early. We just scooter-pooted over the Cherohala and stopped a few times for photos. Then we found a curve and ran straight at Mark while he photographed us; then I took shots of him.
What amazing weather.

Thank Krista again for the meal; I had ribs for breakfast.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sorry I missed ya'll . I was in Dahlonega and Suches Sunday. Did not stop at TWO's but had lunch at the little store up the street. I was on the Cherohala Friday and had some snow covered roads, glad I have snow chains. The lower end of the BRP was closed Saturday because of snow so I had to stay on hwy 276 to Waynesville. Love my new Russell.

Ride Safe
Charlie

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TnCharlie said:
Sorry I missed ya'll . I was in Dahlonega and Suches Sunday. Did not stop at TWO's but had lunch at the little store up the street. I was on the Cherohala Friday and had some snow covered roads, glad I have snow chains. The lower end of the BRP was closed Saturday because of snow so I had to stay on hwy 276 to Waynesville. Love my new Russell.

Ride Safe
Charlie
I've seen more ice than snow so far; looks like they've been salting the roads early at elevation. US-64 was totally white from salt residue the other day.
We should've called you and met at TWO; our bad.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Hey Bill sounds like you guys are having a great time.

I hope you are doing all this riding in honor of those who can't right now. LOL I might add it is only due to the salt as we are having some weather in the forties almost every day.

On a serious side doesn't the salt bother you guys?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ride

I missed that ride as Trialsman did contact me. I hope to be in town for the next one. It is 70 degrees outside!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Re: ride

preacher said:
I missed that ride as Trialsman did contact me. I hope to be in town for the next one. It is 70 degrees outside!
My bad.....I thought you said you weren't available on Sundays......

Plus with this group I knew we'd be wicking it up a little and I don't know your riding style yet..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts