GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an opportunity to go for a ride today. With 300 + days of sunshine, wouldn't you know that it would drizzle on the way home. Don't get any better than this! :yw1:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Just got back from a little spin around some of the local freeways and secondarys. 41 to 43 degrees, drizzle, left over schmag on the roads from the salting process. Here in SE Michigan the ratio is approximately 1 inch of salt for every 1/16th inch of snow. If there is frost, there is salt everywhere the next morning. Snowflakes melt about 18 inches above the street just from the fumes. Every once in a while they actually have to use snow plows on the roads. Not for snow, just to push the extra salt buildup out of the way. I hate salt.......but even with that, the ride was great! Gotta ride cause I also don't like to use battery tenders.
:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sid Moen said:
Just got back from a little spin around some of the local freeways and secondarys. 41 to 43 degrees, drizzle, left over schmag on the roads from the salting process. Here in SE Michigan the ratio is approximately 1 inch of salt for every 1/16th inch of snow. If there is frost, there is salt everywhere the next morning. Snowflakes melt about 18 inches above the street just from the fumes. Every once in a while they actually have to use snow plows on the roads. Not for snow, just to push the extra salt buildup out of the way. I hate salt.......but even with that, the ride was great! Gotta ride cause I also don't like to use battery tenders.
:D
The ony salt we have is from dried up lakes and rivers. If you ever run out we have some just waiting to be used. God Bless and Merry Christmas! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts