GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Just did my winter service which only means I changed the oil and filter, filled the tank and added some stabil, cleaned the wheels and bike itself, checked all of the fluids, adjusted the throttle, and added air in the tires.

Over 50 tomorrow and 60 on Thursday so I will be out ALL day. Question is, do I have to keep re winterizing as I ride during the winter too? 8)

NAW, I take her out all winter as long as the roads are dry, so I am simply set for another 4,000 miles which should take me to March at the latest. Unless of course Chicago gets a bad winter. Any way, you all ride safe this winter, and if you see a Black Wing riding around, I am not lost, just searching....Thanks. :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Same here-I just can't stand to have the bike sitting around all winter. There are plenty of nice days to ride; you just learn to stay away from the ones that have snow and ice.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My winter service consists of removing snow from cover as necessary to keep it from tearing,start once in a while to make sure it still will run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts