GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:flg:.

Middle of January, Presidents selected, New rules laid, Whats left to help make it through this long terrible winter ??

Peaked out the window, The Goldwing sitting there in the car port. Looking sad and lonesome.

Got on internet to check local weather, Temps down in the low to mid 80's in the area, Local Temp 83.5 degs F. Whats a guy to do ??

They say you can dress for winter conditions and go riding so that is what I decided to do. I will put on a T-shirt, jump on the bike and brave the weather !! I am just trying to decide on sun blocker or not.

Oh woe is me. Winter is here !!

JMHO :rolleyes:

:flg:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I applaud your heroic effort to deal with the harshness of a TX winter. Do me one favor, ride a little extra and harder for whimps like me who bow to winter conditions.:lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I feel your pain. 30 mph wind 50 inchs of snow on the ground 10 degrees outside without windchill ! gets better for the next couple of days below zero !

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tom -:wrong: ! It's in the forty's here today, and I rode. So whats your problem:?:

NQ3RP

·
Registered
666 Posts
Aww, I feel your pain too. It really got warm here today, maybe 35. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be about 11, then the weekend we are looking to get colder again for a while. Not much riding in SD, unless you like riding on ice.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Just another cheap shot at us northerners. Why not suck the tail pipe for a few hours

·
Registered
3,699 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Texas Winters

Texas winters are really something!:yes1:

We don't get a chance to use that cover we bought for the Wing - and I'm still not sure what that "Battery Tender" is supposed to do:confused::confused:

But that's ok! I won't be doing too well in August after ## days above 100 degF.:-(

T.C.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:flg:.

I probably should be storing up some of this 80 deg tempatures. Because August will come around, and we will be over 100F many days. I could just open up my stored 80 deg air and ride in that and be a happy camper LOL ..

August in Texas is for vacations in the PNW !!

But, again folks, 80degs today and I have a full tank of gas in the Wing, C ya !

JMHO :cool:

:flg:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts