GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that your already on the lookout for deer, however they seem to be a bit closer to the road and bigger than years past. I was over in this area yesterday and counted at least 3 which I saw. Just a heads up that they seem to thicker in the Mazama area. Keep a watch out for these overgrown rodents !!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I made the loop of the North Cascades Hwy and back over Hwy 2 on Monday. I also saw quite a few deer between Mazama and Twisp. Went through the area around 1:00 in the afternoon and thought that because of the time they would not be around. They were!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Must be the cooler weather that is keeping them from bedding down in the middle of the day.:shrug:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Another run over the hump today. Snow is going away fast. Saw several mountain goats near Liberty Bell. Only saw two deer which were both way off the road. Forgot how crowded the road can be on weekends. One of the advantages of being retired.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Another run over the hump today. Snow is going away fast. Saw several mountain goats near Liberty Bell. Only saw two deer which were both way off the road. Forgot how crowded the road can be on weekends. One of the advantages of being retired.
:rolleyes:

You're not kidding. Rode the Silver Lake loop yesterday and the roads were packed, as was Silver Lake park where we stopped off to have our lunch.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Coming back on the Island yesterday afternoon was a PITA, but uneventful. Normal clueless motorists.

The good news is I should be joining you in semi-retirement (only 47) in about 6 months. Navy will be done with me and I'll be living off my retainer for a while. Hopefully permanently, but you never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts