GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am a newcomer to the Wingdom, I need some installation advice from this consortium of seasoned forum minds on how to do the following: I am going to use the Autocom Intercom System I removed from my BMW instead of the onboard intercom system of the Wing. The Autocom system is much more versatile, I already have the dedicated headsets installed in my helmets and I have a GL1800 adaptor from Autocom that will cure potential compatibility issues. I need to route 3 wires from under the seat to the front of the bike. One needs to go to the left unsecured compartment for my cell phone and the other two wires need to go to the left switchgear area. One will be from the 12 - 6v converter under the seat that powers the Roady, and the other will be the audio output from the Roady that will go into one of the Autocom inputs also under the seat. Here’s the question: What is the best route to take to snake those wires from under the seat, complete with their respective 2.5mm lead ends and secure them to what along the way, until they’re up to where they need to go. What needs to come off? I know that the battery and engine panels need to be removed as well as the unsecured compartment itself, but what else needs to come off and how easily can I do it?
Thanks in advance, Dan

·
Registered
927 Posts
Until you need to remove the top shelter completely you can remove the two hex nuts at the lower rear corner of the shelter and spring the corner out a little and then use a coat hanger to fish the wires up to the left glove box area. It also helps if you remove the Headlight/Ride Control panel. If you have an 06 with airbag I don't know.
Ride Safe
Ken

·
Vendor
22,093 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts