GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm severely hearing impaired compliments of the military. When on long trips, I listen to music which makes the ride go easier, quicker and I'm not as tired. I use earbuds which I've wired to the front speakers and hidden the connector so its not visible when not in use. By using the earbuds, all the wind/traffic/exhaust noise is cancelled out and i can listen at a reasonable volume.

Have noticed on this forum some discussion on wired earphones/buds/etc. Am I misunderstanding what people are saying (I'm new to Goldwings) about wired earbuds or is there an aftermarket provider of a wiring kit for earbuds?

Am riding an 18 DCT.

If not, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to make a simple kit for sale. Do you think anyone would be interested???

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm severely hearing impaired compliments of the military. When on long trips, I listen to music which makes the ride go easier, quicker and I'm not as tired. I use earbuds which I've wired to the front speakers and hidden the connector so its not visible when not in use. By using the earbuds, all the wind/traffic/exhaust noise is cancelled out and i can listen at a reasonable volume.

Have noticed on this forum some discussion on wired earphones/buds/etc. Am I misunderstanding what people are saying (I'm new to Goldwings) about wired earbuds or is there an aftermarket provider of a wiring kit for earbuds?

Am riding an 18 DCT.

If not, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to make a simple kit for sale. Do you think anyone would be interested???

An emphatic YES !! They will be interested. Guys just LOVE to add all sorts of stuff to their bikes. I'm not one of them. But, I am clearly in the minority. Guys just love to buy 'stuff' for their bikes.
Go for it !!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the headset connector modified by Sierra Electronic to include a 3.5 jack so I can use my Bose earbuds and still use the intercom. Works great.
But, yes there is a market for your idea. I’ve said it before here, but the mc communications and helmetproviders have don.e a poor job protecting our hearing with usable solutions that don’t limit features like intercom or cb radio use. I’d pay a PrEminem for a headset that includes active noise cancellation while using ALL the features my bike can with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts