GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
They're made by Warm N Safe. I have one and it works great.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I know several people who are using one and they work perfectly. If this had been available when I bought my Gerbing "permanent" controllers, I would have bought this. Super easy installation. It's so popular that Lewis at Electrical Connection made a special mount for the controller to attach it to the clutch fluid reservoir.

And if you want to save a few bucks, buy it direct from Warm 'n Safe! http://www.warmnsafe.com/dual-remote-control-heat-troller/

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Knock it off guys, you're always making me spend more money. :shock:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm another satisfied customer....I have used Gerbing permanent mount and a Gerbing dual portable....I like the wireless Warm-n-Safe for pure convenience. It has been mounted on my Ram mount all winter and survived many hours of serious "trash mover" Pacific NW rain.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
I'm another satisfied customer....I have used Gerbing permanent mount and a Gerbing dual portable....I like the wireless Warm-n-Safe for pure convenience. s It has been mounted on my Ram mount all winter and survived many hours of serious "trash mover" Pacific NW rain.
Thanks for letting us know that it lives up to its claim of being waterproof. :yes1: That was my only concern.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I too have the warm and safe version and use it with my heated jacketliner and gloves. Works great.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Yip, me too.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Same Here

Using the First Gear version w/ Gerbing heated gear (same connectors, no adapters needed). Great versatility in mounting options.:thumbup:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Will the warm and safe wireless controller work with any heated gear?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Will the warm and safe wireless controller work with any heated gear?
It is my understanding it will. You may have to buy some adapters from warm and safe depending on the electrical hookups on the clothing being controlled.

Check out there website or email them they do respond pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
Another happy camper heat troller:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Seems kind of expensive for what it is.
Do you even need heated gear in Texas? Worth every penny up here in the frozen North. :thumbup: The wireless controller is very convenient to mount. Gives you lots of options.

Shop around online and you will find prices comparable to the wired models from Gerbing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Seems kind of expensive for what it is.
Drilling multiple holes in your wing for the permanent mounted controller can be quite expensive as well.
With the wireless setup, you only need one power outlet-and it can be used for a battery tender/maintainer as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts