GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the j and m advertisement a while back, for their blue tooth goldwing to helmet hookup

does anyone actualy have this setup ??

does it work well ??

i see they claim 30 hours per charge, is that true?? can you charge them from a 12 volt source, perhaps in your trunk, while you camp ??

i hate the cord, and especialy the joint in to middle that is always loose, and yes i am on my 4th warranty one

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
i saw the j and m advertisement a while back, for their blue tooth goldwing to helmet hookup

does anyone actualy have this setup ??

does it work well ??

i see they claim 30 hours per charge, is that true?? can you charge them from a 12 volt source, perhaps in your trunk, while you camp ??

i hate the cord, and especialy the joint in to middle that is always loose, and yes i am on my 4th warranty one
I don't have this equipment, but 1,700 mAh (the stated battery capacity) divided by 30 h is about 60 mA, which seems reasonable.

As for 12V charging, it would depend on whether it is a 7.2V or a 14.4V Li-Ion pack. Why don't you ask [email protected] ?

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
i am more interested in what users think

and less interested in a sales pitch
John will not give you a 'sales pitch' in response to a technical question. If you ask him what the voltage of the Li-Ion pack is, he'll tell you what the voltage is.

Stop being such an Eyore. The entire world is not out to cheat you.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
You don't know that for sure, Astute. The world MAY be out to get him and/or me. I am pretty sure they're out to get me anyway.

·
Registered
465 Posts
:agree: That John will not give a sales pitch if you are just asking a question about motorcycle communication.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts