GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am havingtrouble finding a 6 flat wiring harness to hook trailer to motorcycle, any help? I have checked camping trailer stores and automotive stores, no luck. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I have a 5 pin on my bunkhouse. No need for 6 pin. LEFT, RIGHT, BRAKE, RUNNING and GROUND.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine came from factory with 6wire. I called Bunkhouse and they said I should be able to find flat 6 everywhere. So far I have not found one.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'd change it to round so it would be easier to find parts

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an Aspen Classic and it has a 6 pin round that is very easy to find anywhere trailer parts are sold and in most big box stores (don't ask me how I know) It should be very easy to change both ends of the plugs. The sixth wire is for the brakes if you have them.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have an Aspen Classic and it has a 6 pin round that is very easy to find anywhere trailer parts are sold and in most big box stores (don't ask me how I know) It should be very easy to change both ends of the plugs. The sixth wire is for the brakes if you have them.
Or accessories

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wired the bike with a flat 5 and matched the bunkhouse with a flat 5. It still has the 12volt wire. No need for brakes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am havingtrouble finding a 6 flat wiring harness to hook trailer to motorcycle, any help? I have checked camping trailer stores and automotive stores, no luck. Suggestions?
Most of the campers I know and run with all use the square NAPA connector with 6 pins, and if needed use the extra one for a light or to charge an aux, battery. Looks like the one pictured in Zippos post
Grandpa:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts